MIDI map?

spiritledd

getting to know GT better ...but now, i realize how much i need to learn about MIDI in general :shock:

i was wondering, do i need to MIDI map my TimeFactor's "out/thru" so that ModFactor can receive?

reason i ask is:

can't seem to get the MF to change same time as TF ...TF is changing, but not MF

Assuming you've got the MIDI out from the TF going to the MIDI in of the MF then, yes, you need to set the TF midi output to "thru" rather than "xmt" (out).

yes, that is how i connected them ...and i will map "thru" rather than "xmt" ...thanks tired_engineer :D

tried to locate "thru" on MIDI menu of TF ...could not find

manual says:

[OUTPUT] – MIDI Transmit/Thru Select (XMT, THRU)
Press the Encoder to select. Turn Encoder to select either MIDI out to either transmit (XMT) TimeFactor MIDI data or pass incoming MIDI data thru TimeFactor.

when i get to XMT and press encoder i am to select channel ...but i don't know what channel to select :?

maybe channel 2? ...it is the channel i have TF going out of GT on

i followed Eventides tutorial on tempo sync ...did not work

must to have to do something on GT first, since it's master?

tried turing on tempo on GT ...that failed

after doing that both TF and MF won't let me set a tap tempo

getting closer to being functional though ...actually, i am really happy just getting TF and MF switch same time :D

The thing with the eventides is that you can map tap tempo to any CC you want. Then you have to set the GT to talk to that CC. Hard to say without more information where the problem lies.

I have a Timefactor on the way, and will be using it to develop better built-in support for the Eventide pedals. Stay tuned!

Back