MIDI Monitor

BiosBob

Hi

Should I hook up MIDI output from PBC 6x to Mac to have MIDI monitoring? For now I can only see reading when I do writing changes or settings on device.

Thank you

Most of the MIDI data the PBC sends is through the main MIDI port, so you would have to monitor it using a MIDI interface connected to MIDI Out.

If you need to do a quick verification of something, you could go to the Devices tab, find the device in question and temporarily set MIDI Port to USB. Then, the messages will go out the USB port instead and the MIDI Monitor will see them. Of course, your MIDI device won't receive those messages until you switch MIDI Port back to MIDI Out.

Could you recommend what cable should I use? Does M-Audio Midisport Uno work for that?
Yes, that one works fine, as long as it's a relatively new one. They had issues many years ago, but it's been resolved for quite a while now. The iConnect mio works fine, as does the Emu XMidi 1x1. In the past, I've tried a cheap off brand one from Amazon, and it had all sorts of issues.

Back