MIDI pass through?

I'm setting up my pedalboard to interface with web-based librarian/editors for some of my pedals. This requires bi-directional MIDI communication on the whole chain. I've connected the output of my last MIDI device to the input of my USB interface and it's output to the input of my LT. I cannot get MIDI commands to pass through the LT from input to output. If I disconnect my LT and connect the USB interface to the MIDI input of my first pedal, everything works. So I know it is the LT that has an issue. I'm sure it is a setting that is incorrect on the LT. Any advice?

Have you turned on MIDI Merge for the input port? That may be all that you're missing.

I didn't realize there's already a MIDI hub on board. I just used the USB forwarding. Works perfect! Thanks
I tried using Nixie (Strymon's Librarian) with my Strymon Mobius, and although it sees the pedal and some of the behavior works, it won't pick up any of the presets - so it only "kind of" works. Is there anything on the LT that might limit the behaviors? It seems to have bi-directional communication, just not very good. If I connect the Mobius directly with a USB MIDI device, it works perfectly. Maybe this is a Strymon question...

How many pedals do you have in your MIDI chain? If you have too many, you might be getting signal degradation.

I recommend trying one pedal only, connecting the pedal's MIDI input and output to the LT's output and input, respectively. See if it works with Nixie. If it does, then add a second pedal and try again. Keep adding pedals back until the problem appears - then you've found the problem.

Back