Midi Preset Change - Strange tempo behaviour

ColWilkie

Hi,

Recently I’ve noticed on my Meris Polymoon some strange behaviour with the PBC6X. Not sure which device has the issue (I’m awaiting a response from Meris).

Changing presets, the audible tempo for the preset is correct, but the tempo light is not in sync. It initially flashes at the right tempo for around 2 seconds, and then seems to change to some default. The preset itself sounds correct but the light doesn’t match. I can repeat the behaviour, especially noticeable with a slapback dialled in!

If I use a button page and simply use a bank PC up and down, I don’t have this problem. It’s only when switching between presets.

What’s even stranger, if the temp lights not correct, and I switch away from the preset and back in quick succession, it corrects itself and holds the correct tempo.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing this?

Thanks!

I should probably also add that I’ve also tested changing presets with an editor on my Mac via midi. No issues there either. It only appears to be happening when doing a preset switch with the RJM device.

Which tempo light is having the problem? On the Meris or on the PBC? If it's the Meris, the problem has to be at least partially on their side. (because their LED tempo doesn't match the audio temp0>

One thing to look at is any tap tempo button you may have assigned on the PBC. Make sure Send on Preset Change is not turned on, that will cause issues during preset changes.

Which tempo light is having the problem? On the Meris or on the PBC? If it's the Meris, the problem has to be at least partially on their side. (because their LED tempo doesn't match the audio temp0>

One thing to look at is any tap tempo button you may have assigned on the PBC. Make sure Send on Preset Change is not turned on, that will cause issues during preset changes.
Thanks for the reply. It is the light on the Meris pedal that’s out of sync. I do have a tap tempo assigned on the PBC, I’ll check that out first and see if I have that setting on.

You were spot on, thanks! The tempo button that was mapped did have that set. Unticked it and it’s working perfectly now!

Thanks as always for the great support :)

Back