MIDI pulsing

Andy Power

Hi, I noticed on my Axe FX III the MIDI light is flashing on and off...it’s coming from the GT16 as the flashing stops if I remove the MIDI lead connecting the GT16 to the Axe.
Does anyone e know what could be causing this please?
thanks.

Yes, that's normal. In order for the GT to be aware of changes in the Axe-Fx, it has to query it often. It's set to query twice a second, and it will case the MIDI LED to flash at that rate.

Yes, that's normal. In order for the GT to be aware of changes in the Axe-Fx, it has to query it often. It's set to query twice a second, and it will case the MIDI LED to flash at that rate.

OK thanks, I need to switch the Poll State off though as it seems to have an effect on other MIDI units in the chain..my vocal harmoniser which is operated from the GT-16 via the Axe III will not boot up unless the MIDI cable is disconnected first...or must be switched on before the Axe...the problem is that it loses connection occasionally (only ever happened since Poll State has been switched on) and as I can’t get behind the racks during a show, I have to power down the Axe and the harmoniser and reboot the harmoniser and then the Axe - this takes too long during a show.
What exactly does the Poll State do? And could I leave it off?

OK thanks, I need to switch the Poll State off though as it seems to have an effect on other MIDI units in the chain..my vocal harmoniser which is operated from the GT-16 via the Axe III will not boot up unless the MIDI cable is disconnected first...or must be switched on before the Axe...the problem is that it loses connection occasionally (only ever happened since Poll State has been switched on) and as I can’t get behind the racks during a show, I have to power down the Axe and the harmoniser and reboot the harmoniser and then the Axe - this takes too long during a show.
What exactly does the Poll State do? And could I leave it off?
Poll State constantly polls the state of the Axe FX III, so if you were to change a Preset or anything manually on the Axe FX III the MMGT16 would see the change and then Show you the new changes you made on the Axe FX III on the MMGT 16.
I have the AXE FX III and the MMGT22, I always have Poll State off with no problems. I turn it off because I noticed that when I’m in the middle of a show and switch Effects on and Off it takes a second to catch up and show me the correct status. I leave it off and have no problems for Shows.When I’m home recording and programming sometimes I turn it on, but always turn it off before our Shows.

Poll State constantly polls the state of the Axe FX III, so if you were to change a Preset or anything manually on the Axe FX III the MMGT16 would see the change and then Show you the new changes you made on the Axe FX III on the MMGT 16.
I have the AXE FX III and the MMGT22, I always have Poll State off with no problems. I turn it off because I noticed that when I’m in the middle of a show and switch Effects on and Off it takes a second to catch up and show me the correct status. I leave it off and have no problems for Shows.When I’m home recording and programming sometimes I turn it on, but always turn it off before our Shows.

Thanks for the reply...I will go and turn it off then as its causing issues with other MIDI devices.

thanks

Back