Mini Amp Gizmo / Voodoo Lab GCX / GCP

danguitar987

I'm having communication issues with my mini amp gizmo. I have the Mini Amp Gizmo controling my Marshall TSL100 JCM 2000 Super Lead (3 channel along with reverb and FX) I've followed the instructions listed in both manuals as well as the response from VOODOO LAB.

Buttons on the Gizmo:
If none of the buttons are on it's my lead channel, button 1 is my clean, button 2 is my crunch. (Rverb I believe its 3 but haven't even gone there yet because of issues.)

When I hit the "write" button nothing flashing because I believe it doesn't recognize the midi connection. It's just strange because it seems like I've followed the steps correctly.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

-Dan

Attached below is the voodoo lab response...

VOODOO LAB RESPONSE:
On the Mini Amp Gizmo, you only need to turn on the GCX Compatibility Mode and set it to GCX #2... so you will setting Switch #7 to ON and make sure Switch #5 is ON and Switch #6 is OFF. That is it for the MIDI settings on the Mini Amp Gizmo.

On the Ground Control Pro you will need to enable GCX #2 in the Setup Mode under Expanders. You do NOT need to set a "Starts At" number. (That is for the named MIDI devices like effects processors.)
1. Press both Setup Buttons at the same time to enter Setup Mode.
2. Press the EXPANDERS Button.
3. Use the Data +/- Buttons to turn GCX-1 ON.
4. Press the Select Down button once.
5. Use the Data +/- Buttons to turn GCX-2 ON.
6. Press either Setup Mode button to exit Setup Mode.

When setting the Instant access buttons, you will set them to GCX #2 and use the Loop numbers. This is done in Setup Mode under Instant Access. I assume your Mini Amp Gizmo is using switches 1, 2, 3, and 4 to control your amp... if so, then you will set Instant Access buttons 1 - 4 to control GCX #2 Loops 1- 4.
1. Press both Setup Buttons at the same time to enter Setup Mode.
2. Press the button labeled INSTANT ACCESS.
3. The screen will read "1. GCX-1 LOOP 1". Press the Data + Button to change it to "1. GCX-2 LOOP 1.
4. Press the Select Down Button.
5. The screen will read "2. GCX-1 LOOP 2". Press the Data + Button to change it to "2. GCX-2 LOOP 2.
6. Press the Select Down Button.
7. The screen will read "3. GCX-1 LOOP 3". Press the Data + Button to change it to "3. GCX-2 LOOP 3.
8. Press the Select Down Button.
9. The screen will read "4. GCX-1 LOOP 4". Press the Data + Button to change it to "4. GCX-2 LOOP 4.
10. Press either Setup Mode button to exit Setup Mode.

At this point, the Instant Access buttons should start controlling your Mini Amp Gizmo.

Let us know how it goes!

If you're setting up the Mini Amp GIzmo in GCX compatible mode, all programming must be done on the Ground Control. Follow the GCX programming process in the Ground Control manual. The normal programming process in the Mini Amp Gizmo manual will not work, and the Write button will not function.

If you're setting up the Mini Amp GIzmo in GCX compatible mode, all programming must be done on the Ground Control. Follow the GCX programming process in the Ground Control manual. The normal programming process in the Mini Amp Gizmo manual will not work, and the Write button will not function.

Thank you.... It ended up being a bad midi connection. I bought two new cables and now everything is operating correctly.

Thanks again,
-Dan

Back