Mini Effect Gizmo Discontinued?

scholl2512

I was looking into a Mini Effect Gizmo to expand my maxed out PBC 6x and it looks like it's been placed under the legacy products on the website. It's also not in the RJM store. Does anyone know if it's been discontinued? I searched for some info on the forum but I didn't see anything. Thanks

It's been discontinued, and we're working on a newer version. I was hoping to have it out a few months ago, but that didn't go as planned. I should be receiving another prototype in the next week or two and hopefully that will be ok, which would allow us to go to production.

Hoping the prototype went well/is going well - would love to have a new mini-effect gizmo for my pedal board I'm building with the PBC.

I thought I saw you saying in an interview with Mason Marangella that it would have 6 loops for the new version instead of 5...? Or was that just wishful thinking?

6 loops, all stereo capable, with loop reordering capability. We've had many delays on this product, but the first stages of production are underway now and it should be out in later June.

6 loops, all stereo capable, with loop reordering capability. We've had many delays on this product, but the first stages of production are underway now and it should be out in later June.
Loop re-ordering capability will be amazing; so many possible applications for this from gain stacking to pre- and post-gain arranging. I am super excited to see these hit the market. I know I'll be lined up to get one!

oh, new effect gizmo? cool.
I have an EG, and was considering a similar product that does loop reordering/parallel loops and mixing.
Can you elaborate on what the new (mini/non mini) effect gizmo might be able to do?

The Mini Effect Gizmo X will have 6 stereo loops, which can be split to 12 mono loops if you don't need stereo. It will offer loop reordering but not parallel routing or mixing. It will also have 2 function switches for amp channel switching, tap tempo, that sort of thing.

We're still hoping for the end of the month, but it might slip into early July. We're waiting for the last parts to arrive any day now, then it'll go to our local manufacturer to assemble.

The Mini Effect Gizmo X will have 6 stereo loops, which can be split to 12 mono loops if you don't need stereo. It will offer loop reordering but not parallel routing or mixing. It will also have 2 function switches for amp channel switching, tap tempo, that sort of thing.

Sounds great! - 2 quick questions:
1) Does that mean that we don't need stereo TRS cables if we're running pedals in stereo? (that would be awesome)
2) When you say no parallel mixing - does that mean we won't be able to sum to mono if we have it run wired in stereo?

Sounds great! - 2 quick questions:
1) Does that mean that we don't need stereo TRS cables if we're running pedals in stereo? (that would be awesome)
2) When you say no parallel mixing - does that mean we won't be able to sum to mono if we have it run wired in stereo?
You still need insert cables to split the TRS jacks. In normal stereo mode. the insert cables will split to left and right sides. In split mono, the insert cables will split to 2 different loops.

There is no mixing in the Mini Effect Gizmo X - if you need to sum to mono, you'll need an external box like the Goodwood Interfacer.

Back