Mini line mixer and mini effect gizmo help

Just a fairly simple 4 pedal setup that I need some routing help with.

OD and Chorus in series in loops 1 and 2 in the MEG and into the front of the amp

Delay and Reverb in parallel using the MLM and into the effects loop of the amp.

....of course I'd like to be able to control all the pedals via midi through the MEG.

Couldn't find and diagrams for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a diagram that's the closest to what you need. The following changes need to be made:

- the outputs of the pedals in loops 4 and 5 shouldn't go to the loop returns. Instead, they should go to two inputs of the Mini Line Mixer
- The output of the MEG should go to another input of the Mini Line Mixer
- The MEG Mini Line Mixer output then goes to the amp's effect loop return

Attachments

• MEG 2-2 split.pdf
    317.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
How can the MEG output go to both the FX loop return and the MLM?

so let me see if I have this right…
CS output on MEG to an input on the MLM along side delay and reverb outputs. as per your instruction.

After that is a bit unclear since you say to have the MEG output going to both the MLM and the amps FX return??

Attached is how I imagine it would be. Please let me know if any changes should be made.

Attachments

• BAB9DBC0-9FAE-4AD6-AB5D-34F899B68C20.jpeg
    BAB9DBC0-9FAE-4AD6-AB5D-34F899B68C20.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 5
Sorry, I meant to say the line mixer output should go to the amp's return. You have it right. I've corrected it above.

Ok, thought so. Thank you. So then with this setup, loop 3 would need to always be on/active, correct?
Correct. You can force this by holding 4 on powerup. After the lights flash, release 4, turn on 3, then press Write. Loop 3 will always remain on.

Thanks! I’ve gotten most things wired up now. I’ve got a question about buffer placement.
The mini line mixer manual says:

“The Mini Line Mixer is designed to work with low impedance signals, like those in an amplifier’s effects loop. In order to use it with a high impedance signal like an unamplified guitar signal, the signal needs to go through a buffer before reaching the Mini Line Mixer.”

So then, is an additional buffer necessary when the MLM is fed signals from the MEG as seen in my diagram?

Since my amps effects loop I believe is not buffered (Marshall 25w jubilee) I was considering on placing a buffer after the output of the MLM.
Would I need two buffers in this case? An input buffer between MEG and MLM and an output buffer between the MLM and my amps effects loop?

Attachments

• 03B65306-9D39-4BA7-80A5-C861891CCB3E.jpeg
    03B65306-9D39-4BA7-80A5-C861891CCB3E.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 5
The Jubilee's effect loop is pretty high impedance, so yes, I would recommend a buffer between the loop send and MLM input. If you use the CS Out from the Mini Effect Gizmo, that's already buffered, so you're covered there.

The Jubilee's effect loop is pretty high impedance, so yes, I would recommend a buffer between the loop send and MLM input. If you use the CS Out from the Mini Effect Gizmo, that's already buffered, so you're covered there.
Thanks for the fast reply! So if using the CS
out; there would be no need for an additional buffer between the output of the MLM and the amps FX return? ….or rather would there be any benefit from doing so, or would this muddy up the signal somehow? I have an MXR MC406 CAE buffer on hand if needed.

Thanks for the fast reply! So if using the CS
out; there would be no need for an additional buffer between the output of the MLM and the amps FX return? ….or rather would there be any benefit from doing so, or would this muddy up the signal somehow? I have an MXR MC406 CAE buffer on hand if needed.
Adding a second buffer will probably have no effect, but it doesn't hurt to try it.

Back