MMGT Editor issues with labels

Steve M

Under the PRESETS tab I right click on any of the buttons I use for IA on the Edit Local Buttons to assign an effect. When I click on whichever effect to assign it labels it, for example, Flanger and then it puts the letter 'A' underneath it. When I double click on the label to edit the text, the letter 'A' is not in the Button Name line but is in the display. It's doing it with the latest editor. I went back a few releases to try and old one and it's doing it with that as well. When I upload the RJS file to the MM, every single button that is assigned as IA and Preset are black. When I click on any preset button it doesn't change anything in the main screen. I reset everything and started over. When I get to labeling the IA buttons again, now it's putting 'Step 1' on the second line of each label. I've never encountered this before.

Last edited:
I did a little experimenting. I selected some of the other Fractal devices like the the II, IIXL, FX8 (which I had setup prior to the III) and it seems it's only the III that's adding the 'A' or 'Step 1' text on the IA labels. When I upload an RJS once I setup the board, it's doing crazy things like leaving text off the labels, black labels with text, can't select presets or IA's. It stays on one preset and won't change when selecting another.

Ok, let's start with the "A" - that's the channel selector for the effect block. If you hold the button for about 2 seconds, it'll ask which channel you would like to select. If you'd like to disable this, edit the button and set Button Mode to Normal. That will get rid of the A and channel selection functionality.

I'm not sure about the other stuff. If you edit your buttons as above and it's still doing that, please send me your settings file and I can have a look.

I finally figured out what the A stood for but didn’t know how to disable it. Thanks for the tip. I don’t know where that ‘Step 1’ came from.

The other stuff has to do with a global setting. I was trying to program it the way I did for my FX8 and it isnt quite the same for the AFXIII. I think I have the hang of it. Will let you know if I have any problems.

Thank you again.

I do have one other question. I was previously using an FX8 mounted on a shelf in the rack. On the FX8 whenever I recalled a preset with the MM it would bring up that preset but the MM dictated which effects were on and off per whatever status the IA switches were for that particular preset. With the AFXIII, it seems that whatever the status of the actual preset in the III overrides the MM. In other words, on the FX8 I would leave all the effects off within that preset and use the MM’s IA switches to determine which effects were on or off when I brought up that preset. Is this possible with the AFXIII?

You're right, the default configuration is to work like Fractal's controller and have the Axe-Fx tell the controller what's on and what's off.

You can turn it around so the GT overrides the Axe-Fx's setting by editing each effect block button and turning on the Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change checkboxes. Also, in Devices, turn off Poll State, and turn on Ignore Incoming CC, Ignore Incoming PC and Send CCs on Preset Change

Back