MMGT / MEGX tuner

Big Lid

Is there a built in tuner w/in the MEGX / MMGT16 or do I need a separate tuner pedal connected to the MEGX? If not, is it possible to have the tuner from my H9 sent to the main LCD on the MMGT?

You don’t need a separate pedal. All you need to do is make sure the MEGX is connected to the MMGT via MIDI with no other MIDI device connected between. There’s also a box you need to check in global, I believe, but I can’t remember what it’s call. I think it’s “enable bi-direction messages” or something like that. That box allows data to travel from the MEGX to the MMGT. On the buttons page, you’ll just create a button for the tuner under the MEGX.

Phishy is correct (the parameter is called Bidirectional MIDI). The H9 doesn't send its tuner output over MIDI, so it can't be used for that purpose.

I've set it up as described and I now see the tuner >?< on the MMGT and am getting sound but no tuner data. I also set up an action that would mute via the H9 but neither are working Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 3.20.55 PM.png

What changed between the time it started working and it stopped? Maybe your MIDI cable is intermittent?

Back