MMGT16-AFX3 "Preset" Issues

touch33

So today's interesting conundrum revolves around two Preset navigation issues I’m running into between my Fractal AFX3 and my MMGT16. Both units are fully up-to-date firmware wise: AFX3 is 15.01 and GT16 is 4.5.1 (Editor 4.5.0). Sort of a long post this will be, but oh well…

EDIT: both anomalies below cured with Firmware 4.6.0 — well done, Ron!

1610999375688.png

The first thing I noticed the other day revolves around using the “previous Preset” function. Looking at the button layout on this GT16 “Page 1” you can see the five green "Preset" buttons on Row3 which are standard preset buttons as the GT16 creates them from scratch (and I’m attaching the .rjs file that’s currently running for intrepid souls to pour through). FWIW, the HOLD function on these preset buttons flips to “Page8” which provides dedicated Scene recall buttons that (unlike the baked-in Scene recall functionality) doesn’t automatically dismiss the Scene selection page/process when one scene is selected – so I can bounce back and forth auditioning scenes within a preset and then decide when I want to dismiss it. Very handy for AustinBuddy AFX3 “preset pack” audition/selection.

So here’s what’s up: Far right on Row2 is a purple PRESET button (more on that in a sec) and I’ve got the HOLD function for this button “>>previous” set up to use the “Previous Preset” function – and holding it does in fact return me to the previously-selected AFX3 preset – BUT it doesn't always update the feedback of that preset (turning it from green/OFF to yellow/ON) nor of the preset that’s been deselected (turning it from yellow/ON to green/OFF).

For instance: I select Preset1 (“NEW!!! ’59 Jump”) and then select Preset5 (“Mo’ TwdDeluxe’”), and each selection changes the OFF/green feedback to ON/yellow as expected. Then holding the “>>previous" button does, in fact, switch the AFX3 back to Preset1, but neither preset button feedback changes – they both stay as they were. Here’s the kicker: this feedback incongruity only occurs if the two presets are contiguous on the same Page (as shown here). If the two presets happen to be “spaced” further apart (say Preset1 and Preset 22) so that they don’t show up at the same time on Row3 then the change functionality/feedback works as expected – the switch occurs on the AFX3 AND the feedbacks both correctly change green/yellow. So that’s Issue #1.

Issue #2 is a little more convoluted, but revolves around the same purple PRESET button on Row2. Pressing this button calls up the baked-in "Preset Selection" page where I can use the PREVIOUS and NEXT buttons to navigate past pages of AFX3 Presets and select the one I want – but I’m running into situations where the newly-selected preset sends the AFX3 to the wrong preset. I’ve tried to work the issue to determine more about what is specifically happening, but it seems to be related to how far “apart” the current and newly-selected Presets are from one another. If the newly-selected preset is within a few “previous/next” presses then things seems to work properly, but if I have to press “NEXT” more than 3 or 4 times to find the Preset I seek then the AFX3 gets sent to a preset with no relation to the newly-selected one. For example, while attempting to go from Preset5 to Preset384 (quite a few NEXT button presses) I might wind up getting Preset47. The anomaly appears totally random to my untrained eyes.

SO THERE – I look forward to understanding more about what I’ve screwed up here that’s causing these two “different but maybe related?” issues.

Attachments

• AFX3-GT16 010921a.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's unlikely that you've screwed up anything, it appears to be one or more bugs. I'll look into it.

Thanks, as always, Ron. My issues are normally “pilot error” and I figured this was just one (or more) more...

Now that I'm thawed out from The Big Chill in Houston, yet another shameless bump. Any luck, Ron?

I can confirm that the first problem is a bug, and I'll fix it when I can. I haven't been able to duplicate the other problem you're seeing. I can use Next to move ahead 20 pages and it still comes up with the right number. Can you find any other pattern to the problem?

Thanks so much for looking at it, Ron. I’ll fiddle about with Problem The Second and let you know if I can come up with something more concrete.

Just loaded 4.6.0, spent a few minutes tap-dancing and shazaaaam! For some reason, everything is functioning perfectly.
Well done, Sir — and thanks!

Back