Mobius-Ex Pedal-Mastermind LT

cgscotto

I installed the 4.0.3 firmware since it fixes expression pedal issues, but I think I discovered a new one, unfortunately.

First, what works: Timeline. I set the expression pedal either in overide mode or globally to control the expression pedal on the Timeline (Exp Pedal in the dropdown menu, cc 100). Works great. The expression pedal I have hooked up to the Mastermind (a Mission SP1 that I rewired according to your instructions) controls whatever has been assigned to the exp pedal on the Timeline.

What does not work: Mobius. I set up the expression pedal the same way for the Mobius. However, moving the expression pedal does not control the parameters set to expression pedal on the Mobius. It switches the display. I have the display set to scroll, but when I move the expression pedal, the display changes to a preset number plus a short version of the name. If I have the Nixie software open and I move the expression pedal, the focus in Nixie changes from the Mobius to the Timeline, as if I repeatedly pressed the 1 key on the keyboard, which switches the focus between the Mobius and Timeline.

Any thoughts?

I am attaching the rjs file that I am using. The global expression pedal is set to Timeline-Exp Pedal. In Preset 5, I have an override expression pedal set with the setting Mobius-Exp Pedal. Thanks for looking into this. RJM has the best customer service.

Attachments

• JP-2C.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
If you're talking about preset 5 in your settings, I tried it here and it's just sending CC100 on channel 5. I have to think it's a Mobius bug.

Maybe try connecting the PBC directly to the Mobius, with no other devices in between, see if that helps?

I found the same thing. I checked that the Mastermind LT was sending cc 100, which is what the exp pedal is supposed to respond to. You can't set or choose the ccs that the Mobius responds to, so it seems as if it is a bug with the Mobius. I will try what you suggested, but I tried hooking the exp pedal directly to the Mobius and I had the same response. I will contact Strymon.

Just to follow up. I contacted Strymon support and it turns out to be a bug in the display of the ROTARY effect only that does not affect the function of the expression pedal. In other words, when you move the pedal you do hear the parameter linked to the pedal change. I was testing everything with the amp on standby and going by the visual feedback. Of course, the preset that I was using to test everything used the only effect that did not display the movement of the expression pedal correctly.
Here is Strymon support's reply:

I just checked again and I see what you are experiencing, but only with the ROTARY effect. Sending MIDI CC# 100 to control the internal expression pedal pot on Mobius DOES cause the display to show 'bank#+preset name' in the display when you are in a ROTARY preset. I was able to reproduce this on the latest firmware for Mobius 1v34. This seems like a bug of sorts with the display, but the expression pedal is doing what it is supposed to do in controlling the parameters set within EP SET.

Thanks for letting us know! I'm sure others will end up with the same problem at some point.

Back