Mogami 2314 vs 2319

Lol, no, that was as stated an off topic comment. I was making a note that I prefer bestronics over magomi on boards with the exception of the actual guitar to amp input cable, which I do use Magomi 2524 and Sommer LLX cables. I noted that actually as I didn't want you to think I was just a fanboy of Bestronics. I also noted earlier Redco does in fact have SP500 in stock and I called to verify earlier and they do indeed have them.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. What alternative cable is there to use for the 236 that will fit?

Last edited:
Well you can go the route of Pianoman's suggestions. I think the 2319 is still tight to work with without modifying, but pianoman feels it's ok. I suppose it's your personal taste. The best option is to pick the cable you want...not what fits and you're stuck with cable you may not like. Just add up the overall diameter of the cables you like. If they are larger then the 1/4" 236 hole, it's going to be from slightly snug to really tough to fit without modifying the holes. For example, 2319 is .197"x2=.394 which is larger then the 236 hole diameter of 1/4" (.25").

I've used 2319 for many years on my boards, but I'm looking at the 2314 on my next build just because it might save a little weight. I have a huge board, and every little bit helps. It might not actually be worth it. Currently doing the math based on Mogami's specs listed on their site.

What is the real difference in the two cables?

I've used 2319 for many years on my boards, but I'm looking at the 2314 on my next build just because it might save a little weight. I have a huge board, and every little bit helps. It might not actually be worth it. Currently doing the math based on Mogami's specs listed on their site.

What is the real difference in the two cables?
Literally just the thickness of the cable jacket. 2319 gives just a little extra protection.

Literally just the thickness of the cable jacket. 2319 gives just a little extra protection.
I did a lot of looking on their site yesterday, and couldn't figure out if the smaller 2314 has the same vinyl or PVC whatever that black conductive layer is. That helps with noise cancelling, or something right? The part you have to cut back or your cable is shorted dead.

I did a lot of looking on their site yesterday, and couldn't figure out if the smaller 2314 has the same vinyl or PVC whatever that black conductive layer is. That helps with noise cancelling, or something right? The part you have to cut back or your cable is shorted dead.
All the core cabling is identical - both have that conductive layer. The only difference is a slightly thicker jacket on the 2319 to provide a bit of extra resilience.

In doing further research on building my own cables for the PBC I came across this post. I found the KMMK Guide for recommended connectors and various cables. I’m dropping this PDF here for anyone who is looking for this info.

Attachments

• KMMK Solutions - SquarePlugs - Specs + Cables & Switchers Compatibility - 2019 - 08-19 update.pdf
    110.5 KB · Views: 17
Back