Momentary Mute while sending a change

tshaw

I have a small issue that I couldnt find a solution for on the forums... I'm trying to figure out a way to have a brief mute, maybe 200-250ms long, occurring while I send a MIDI PC.

I'm using the new Chase Bliss Preamp MkII, and I'm using an IA action on second press to send a MIDI PC to change presets on the MkII. The problem is that the faders on the MkII all move simultaneously so that they arrive at their destination at the same time, and in this particular instance the gain fader is going from minimum to maximum value in the same time the volume fader is going from maximum value to about half way down.

The result is a momentary burst of volume as the faders switch. If there's a way to program a brief mute, perhaps with a macro, that would be ideal. Thanks,

Sorry, at the moment, there isn't any way to have actions run with specific timing like that. If you're using a PBC/10 you could set the Click Stopper to 200ms, but that would cause a 200ms mute every time you change presets, turn a loop on or off, etc.

This seems like it should be a feature of the preamp itself - you might want to ask Joel if this mute is something that could be added.

Yeah, i'm using a PBC 6X so the click stopper isn't an option.

I have reached out to Chase Bliss, hopefully the team there has a solution

Yeah, i'm using a PBC 6X so the click stopper isn't an option.

I have reached out to Chase Bliss, hopefully the team there has a solution

I am also using a Mkii with my new PCB/6x. In the process of building presets now. Not sure if you use an expression pedal with yours, but I do. For any song that I want to move the gain/volume faders, I just program the heal/toe positions and use that. It is a super smooth transition, and avoids using up another preset.

Obviously if you're changing any of the arcade buttons then you'll need to use a PC/CC change to do it.

Interesting anecdote....When I was jamming, guitar>mkii>amp, but using a midi controller to turn the fuzz on/off, I got a LOUD pop when ever I activated the Fuzz. Really annoying. Just today, I had the Mkii in Loop 1 of the PCB/6x and I was turning the Fuzz on/off with an IA button. NO POP. Sounded awesome. Don't know if that actually has anything to do with the RJM. But thought it was cool.

I just got he MKII and have been annoyed by the 'pop' when turning it on through the PBC. I have not been able to find a way to make that stop.

I have an expression pedal question with the MKII to adjust gain. As soon as I start to move the pedal (it's usually left in the toe position) the gain fader moves all the way to the max since that is where the pedal is starting. If I leave the pedal in heel position, the the gain drops as soon as I start to move the pedal. Short of trying to leave the pedal around 50%, is there any better way to program it to avoid this issue? Thanks.

There really isn't any way to avoid that, the pedal always sends a value based on its current position. Also, the PBC has no way of knowing what position the slider is in, so it couldn't do anything tricky to improve the situation.

Back