Momentary switching for on/off, channels and variables in effects blocks on AxeFx3

Alvi

Greetings Friends,

So I have three issues I would like to tackle in this discussion:

1. I am trying to create three momentary IA buttons in my GT10. I require all three of them to turn the Synth Block of my AxeFx3 'on' when pressed, and 'off' when depressed. This seemed easy enough at first! However, Switch 1 should be programmed to select Channel A, Switch 2 to Channel B, and Switch 3 to Channel C. But for some reason, I can only get the GT10 to obey only one of the two actions I have programmed in the editor for each switch (depending on the order they are in). I can't seem to get it to obey both actions in a single press. What am I doing wrong? Please see images attached for the action programming for each switch.

2. Previously I was using an expression pedal to control the 'mix' knob in the Synth Block. Can I program each of the above momentary switches to also activate the mix knob and slowly lift the mix relative to the amount of time I have my foot on the switch?

3. Is it possible to program a toggle button on the GT10 to alter variableswithin the Synth Block? For example can the 'Shift' knob in the Synth Block be controlled by a switch so that when the button is off, it could select the -24 value; and when it's on, it would select the +5 value. Is this possible at all?

Many thanks!!

SWITCH #1:
1678968527165.png
SWITCH #2
1678968581068.png
SWITCH #3
1678968651411.png

1. Turn on Direct Send CC/PC for the Axe-Fx device in the Devices tab. That should allow you to send the same CC number number multiple times in the same button press.

2. Sorry, there's no way to have a CC value ramp up like that

3. You should be able to do this using modifiers in the Axe-Fx. There's a tutorial in the Axe-Fx manual that shows how to map the a parameter in the wah block to an external control CC. This should work for pretty much any parameter. Then, you have the GT send the external control CC that you mapped in the previous step.

You might want to watch Cooper Carter’s video on this topic (posted last week). He shows how to use ADSR envelopes to do something similar to what you seek, and I’m guessing you could use GT buttons to trigger ADSR ramps with whatever modifier characteristics you seek (and whatever button actions desired).

You might want to watch Cooper Carter’s video on this topic (posted last week). He shows how to use ADSR envelopes to do something similar to what you seek, and I’m guessing you could use GT buttons to trigger ADSR ramps with whatever modifier characteristics you seek (and whatever button actions desired).
Hello touch33. Thanks for the recommendation. I have tried to find this video in Cooper Carters youtube channel, but i couodnt find it. Do you have the name of the video, or could you post a link please. Thanks

Here’s the link:

While this doesn’t directly address your specific need, I’m guessing you could apply the same technique to apply an ADSR envelope to a modifier in your feedback block (or a synth block?) to get where you want to go.

Pls let us all know if it does/doesn’t do the trick!

Back