New PBC 6x questions

JES

1. The editor has an option to make a page “IA” or not. I don’t see that explained anywhere in the PBC 6x manual. I know with the LT MIDI pedal IA is distinguished from Preset pages but I’m not sure of its purpose here. If I’m setting up a page to control my H9 do I choose IA or not?

2. If I put a volume pedal in the insert loop, since the loop has a buffer, does the value of the pot for the passive volume pedal matter? Some are marketed as for “active” or “passive” instruments. I play both. I am planning to add a volume pedal to my board.

TIA.

You're probably referring to IA Mode. In the editor, all it does is change how the buttons are displayed, it doesn't do anything on the PBC itself. IA Mode is explained in the manual, but in general, IA Mode is a feature that was carried over from the Mastermind GT, but is not terribly useful on the PBC. I recommend you don't use it, and I've been considering removing it.

Thanks for the reply on the IA mode. Will ignore it.

What about a passive volume pedal--can I just put any old passive volume pedal in the insert loop since it's got an active buffer, or is something in particular preferred?

Thanks for the reply on the IA mode. Will ignore it.

What about a passive volume pedal--can I just put any old passive volume pedal in the insert loop since it's got an active buffer, or is something in particular preferred?

The insert loop is definitely the preferred place for a passive volume pedal.

Back