New set-up with Effect Gizmo

Hello,
I am the happy new owner of an Effect Gizmo and preparing all the cabling for the different effects and loops.
The plan is to have 7-8 pedals running into loops 1-8 before going into a Mesa Triaxis, followed by a Torpedo cab and then going to an Empress EQ (mon) in loop 9 followed by three stereo pedals.
I will then connect the main out to a stereo DI for the FOH or alternatively to my Mesa 50:50 power amp, depending on the situation.
I am now preparing all the cables for the connections but before this I would really appreciate if you could confirm that my set-up in fine.
May I kindly ask you to review the attached PDF and let me know your thoughts?
I might be interested to connect Out12 to CS in and from CS out to the DI, but could not find out if this one can manage stereo signals. Is it possible?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Guillaume

Attachments

• Gizmo.pdf
    370.3 KB · Views: 25
It looks good, but there are a few things I recommend changing:

- The cable from Out 9 to In 10 needs to be a TS to TRS (mono to stereo) cable
- I recommend connecting Torpedo output to CS In, then CS Out to In 9. This will put the Click Stopper in the best location

This one might be in the wrong place of the forum but to follow up on the previous question: do you think that the GT22 would be in the position to power the tuner an the clyde wah? Cannot find any info regarding power requirement on the pages of the respective manufacturers :-(

A traditional wah design like that should draw very little current. I'm reasonably certain the GT would power it.

Hello again,
just on your reply „The cable from Out 9 to In 10 needs to be a TS to TRS (mono to stereo) cable“: I never built a TS to TRS cable yet. How should be the wiring? Many thanks again and sorry for my trivial questions.

Hello again,
just on your reply „The cable from Out 9 to In 10 needs to be a TS to TRS (mono to stereo) cable“: I never built a TS to TRS cable yet. How should be the wiring? Many thanks again and sorry for my trivial questions.

No problem, the cable is wired like a standard TS cable on one end (the Out 9 end), and on the other end, use a TRS plug but connect the tip and ring together. This takes the mono signal from Out 9 and sends it to both the left and right sides of In 10.

Back