New to MM GT - planning out the setup

Meanoldfireman

So, I'm making the upgrade from a Ground Control Pro to a MMGT22, which should be here late this week. I have some other hardware issues to deal with, but that aside, was wondering the best way to plan out the set up.

Naturally, I have to get the devices talking to each other and assigbing all the devices. Once it comes to programming, should I start with assigning the IA buttons, then the presets, then songs and setlists, or do the presets first?
Thanks

I recommend laying out your button pages first - you need the IA buttons there so you can set them to be on or off in your presets. The order you mention is definitely the way to go.

Thanks! I'm trying to read up on the manual before the board gets here. The manual is well written, it's sometimes hard to visualize what's gong to happen without ever having laid hands/eyes on one. I can tell already this will be light years ahead of the Ground Control Pro. While it's a perfectly product, it's rather outdated and limited in capability. I think they're concentrating on the pedal board products, which I can understand. That's just not the direction I'm going in.

Thanks again.

There have been no changes in the GC Pro since it came out in 1991 for the most part. I can remember asking manufactures years ago for features that should common and they didn't seem to care. What gear are you going to be using your GT with?

It's ultimately going to be a 2 rack system. The main rack will have a Rack Gizmo with some pedals ahead of the preamp of a Demeter TGA-3, with a G-major 2 and a Volcano in the effects loop. The second rack will have a Lexicon delay, a Strymon Big Sky and a Leslie pedal, all in stereo in the effects loop as well as a Demeter Slave Amp for the other channel. That way I can travel a little lighter with one 10U rack or go full stereo with two.

Back