New user ... first problems !

LukeTheMore

Hi all,

this is my first post: I just bought the Mastermind LT ... these are my MIDI devices

MASTERMIND LT > H9 (#1) > H9 (#2) > H9 (#3) > EVH 5150 III 50W

Program Change is working fine: I'm able to switch between presets

Now I'm fighting against the CCs ...

Basically I just need the send CC#10 to the H9s: on every preset I recall I want to send the 0 / 127 values to turn the pedals ON / OFF.

I tried the IA buttons ... everything works great: I programmed the buttons 1 / 2 / 3 and I'm able to turn on / off the pedals.

In the "Buttons" page in the Mastermind editor:

- preset 1 > IA Actions > Add CC Action > I choose the #10 with the on / off values

In the "Presets" page in the Mastemind editor:

- preset 1 > Preset Actions > Add CC Action > I choose the # 10 value to transmit

Nothing happens: my pedals are still "off" (deactivated)

What I am missing ? Can somebody help me ?

Thanks

LUCA

Last edited:
In the pedal's internal settings (accessible through H9 Control), make sure that the Active CC is set to CC#10, H9s used to come with CC numbers set from the factory, but they don't anymore.

here is my Editor

what happens:

- if the effects are ON (manually activated) they turn OFF

- I see the led "Activate" quick blink ... but it stay on OFF

Attachments

• button.png
    button.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 4
  • preset.png
    preset.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 3
Do you have anything else set up to send CC#10? For example, an IA button that sends CC#10 and has Send on Preset Change turned on will send its CC message every time you change presets. Turning off Send on Preset Change will disable that behavior.

no ... I don't think so ...

I attach my RJS file, maybe it can help

Attachments

• lukethemore.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Have a look at your preset buttons, they each have multiple actions that send CC#10. These actions don't work as you expect - when actions are placed on buttons that are not IA buttons, they will trigger on two conditions:

- When you are in IA Mode and the button is pressed
- If Send on Preset Change is turned on, the button will send its messages every time you change presets, no matter which preset button is being pressed.

To fix it, remove all actions from each preset button. Keep the preset actions on all presets - they are the ones that will actually do the work for bypassing or activating each pedal.

Hi Ron ... finally ... I understood ! :D

I have to send just the OFF to the H9s !!!

Now it's working like it should: I just made the changes in the "Presets" page > I transmit the PC and then the CC#10 (value 0) to turn off the effects I don't need

Last edited:
Here it comes the second question: "Name of the pages"

I would like the presets organized in this way:

- page H3000 > presets 1 to 4
- page CHORUS > presets 5 to 8
- page FLANGER > presets 9 to 12

Actually I changed the names of the pages in the "Buttons" tab ... under the "Presets" tab I made my first 8 presets assigned to page 1 (1 to 4) and page 2 (5 to 8) ... see attached file

I changed the functions of the two buttons Bank Up / Down with Page Up / Down

The buttons works fine but I have presets 5 to 8 on both of the pages ...

Attachments

• test2.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Preset buttons only display the presets in the current bank, and changing pages doesn't change banks. If you'd like to access specific presets on specific pages, you need to use IA buttons instead of preset buttons. Change the button type to IA, turn off all checkboxes except IA Link, then add a System / Preset action that loads the desired preset.

great ... you're very kind !

Now I have the latest question about the Expression pedal: actually I'm using it to transmit CC#17 to the "latest" H9 (#3) ... I'm able to assign the messages to any parameter of the effect.

What is the best way, in your opinion, to control the OUT LEVEL of this pedal ?

Is it possible to assign the pedal to it ?

I haven't tried it myself, but it does look like you can assign a CC number to output volume on the H9. Assign a CC number to that and use the number for the expression pedal and it should do what you need.

ok ... I'll try that ! ;)

Ron, there's not way to access to the CCs ("Presets > Pedal Actions" button) from the pedalboard ? Do I need the editor ?

Back