New user questions

Harm

Hi all,

yes I read the manual an yes I watched youtube and googled. That being said, two questions remail:
I connected expression pedals to my gt22. My axe fx3 didn’t respond. I set the midi numbers in the axe to the numbers I read in the manual/wiki. Still nothing. Then I just used the learn function in the axe. The axe saw them as numbers 7,8,9 and 10. Why? So far the manual is always correct except now. Any advice? (Yes the gt22 is set to axe fx3)

second question: I have a voes midi controller. I can change the midi numbers of the expression pedal with the press of a button. That means that I am in a preset, just press a button and my cc pedal gets a new (preprogrammed) number and corresponding function. This doubles my number of available expression pedals in any preset. Can my gt22 do this?

Thank you!
Harm

The GT assigns expression pedals to CC numbers 7, 8, 9 and 10 by default. Where did you see different numbers mentioned?

There are three methods you can use to set the CC number for expression pedals. This video describes them:
Expression Pedals

The GT assigns expression pedals to CC numbers 7, 8, 9 and 10 by default. Where did you see different numbers mentioned?

There are three methods you can use to set the CC number for expression pedals. This video describes them:
Expression Pedals
Thank you. Glad to see I have nothing strange going on. I will check to see where I got the numbers. As for the expression pedals video: Ill watch it. Thank you for the quick reply.

Expression Pedals
I am thinking of buying an extra expression pedal. I have the axe fx 3 and I had to watch out when buying a mission pedal that I did not buy the kemper or tc version of the mission ep pedal. Since my gt22 is between my axe fx and the pedal, does it matter which pedal I buy? (There is a price difference)

thanks, Harm

I am thinking of buying an extra expression pedal. I have the axe fx 3 and I had to watch out when buying a mission pedal that I did not buy the kemper or tc version of the mission ep pedal. Since my gt22 is between my axe fx and the pedal, does it matter which pedal I buy? (There is a price difference)

thanks, Harm
It does matter. You need the pedal they make for us (if you want one with a toe switch), an EP1-R or one with a polarity reversing switch.

I have a couple of Mission pedals, and their form / action is very much like a standard Crybaby wah. After using them for a number of years, I swapped them out for the Fractal Audio EV control pedals, which are much better. The EV pedals are perfectly smooth in their taper, and have a very solid feel. They are directly compatible with the MMGT controllers. I'd recommend looking at them if you're considering an additional pedal.

I have a couple of Mission pedals, and their form / action is very much like a standard Crybaby wah. After using them for a number of years, I swapped them out for the Fractal Audio EV control pedals, which are much better. The EV pedals are perfectly smooth in their taper, and have a very solid feel. They are directly compatible with the MMGT controllers. I'd recommend looking at them if you're considering an additional pedal.
I am using a Fractal EV-2 with my MMGT16. I reversed the pedal wiring internally to accommodate the polarity issue addressed here - https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/supp...dals-can-i-use-with-the-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-

Works like a champ !! Very satisfied.

Hi all,

thank you for the replies. I changed the wiring in my trs cables and it all works perfectly now. I am so happy with my gt22. Should have bought this years ago!

2 more, hopefully last questions: I use the scene mode button. Love that function. When I press it the scene mode button becomes the cancel button. Now I copied that button to an external button. It works to go to scene mode, but the cancel function is still only on the original button. How can I make the second press on the external button go back to the normal layout? (Every other function I gave the external button works perfectly, so no problem there. )

last question: when I press a preset Id like it to refresh the preset. For example after going to a different scene. How can I manage that?

thank you,

Harm

The location of the scene menu is somewhat fixed, it shows up in the row of buttons in which the scene menu button exists. If it's the top or or an external switch, I think it shows up in the second row. The position of the scene menu buttons isn't configurable beyond that.

There's a global parameter "Preset 2nd Press". Set it to Reload to get the behavior you're looking for.

last question: when I press a preset Id like it to refresh the preset. For example after going to a different scene. How can I manage that?

Or set SEND REDUNDANT PCs to ON, and (on the Axe-Fx) set IGNORE REDUNDANT PC to OFF.

The location of the scene menu is somewhat fixed, it shows up in the row of buttons in which the scene menu button exists. If it's the top or or an external switch, I think it shows up in the second row. The position of the scene menu buttons isn't configurable beyond that.

There's a global parameter "Preset 2nd Press". Set it to Reload to get the behavior you're looking for.
Is there any other way I can programme my external button so it takes me back to the previous screen when I accidentally press it? (When I get home Ill try “scene 1” on press and hold. That could be a second best solution)
Thank you for the quick reply!

Harm

Is there any other way I can programme my external button so it takes me back to the previous screen when I accidentally press it? (When I get home Ill try “scene 1” on press and hold. That could be a second best solution)
Thank you for the quick reply!

Harm
Give it a try, but I'm pretty sure it requires that you select one of the active buttons.

how does one rewire the polarity on the TRS, is it simply swapping the black and white on both ends?

how does one rewire the polarity on the TRS, is it simply swapping the black and white on both ends?
I'm not sure which wire colors are which in the gear you have, so I can't say for sure. But, you need to find the wire that connects to the tip conductor, and the wire that connects to the ring conductor and swap them. Do this only on one end - if you swap both, you'll just end up with the same cable, electrically speaking.

Back