OK, This is weird

cgscotto

I seem to have a knack for finding weird behavior with my rig and the LT. I actually have two rigs, and I use the Y-Not to switch between the amps, but I use one LT to control midi devices for each rig. Everything works beautifully until I added a G-Major 2 to the second rig.

I have the GM2 program change set to external, so using the MSB feature in the LT I can switch between user and factory banks of presets. I added the GM2 to the device tab, and set its midi channel to 9. The only other piece of equipment that I have that uses MSB to change banks is the JP-2C, and this is where things get interesting.

The first time I set the bank to 1 in a preset for the GM2 to access the user bank and I selected the preset, the JP-2C lost its mind. Functions were coming on and off and channels were randomly switching. I noticed on the display of the LT that it was randomly switching presets in the 700 range: 768, 750, 698. I had to power down to get it to stop.

If I went into the preset and set the bank to 0, no weird behavior. I noticed that by default all the higher presets had the bank of the GM2 set to 1. I added a G-Force as a device to test whether it was localized to the GM2 or if it was something else. Setting the bank to 1 on the G-Force did not produce the behavior. I had to set the channel for the G-Force to 10. I deleted the G-Force from my setup, and changed the midi channel for the GM2 to 10, just to see if it is a problem with the GM2. Set to channel 10, everything works perfectly. I can set the MSB to either 0 or 1 without having the LT randomly start selecting presets and sending the JP-2C into fits. The problem seems localized to midi channel 9.

Could there be some crosstalk on midi channel 9 that is causing the behavior? This is not a pressing issue because as long as I have the GM2 set to channel 10 everything works fine. I just thought I would let you know, and I am also curious. Of course, the problem could be caused by the JP-2C. Maybe it has a crosstalk problem. Thanks.

Back