One button two midi controlled pedals...A, B, or A & B

ekkomouse

I am trying to figure out if its possible to enable and/or toggle a mobius and h9 from one button. I'm hoping to be able to turn on one, then the other, then both with one IA button. Also, I am interested in saving the state of the pedals in presets. Is this possible?

Turn on IA Cycle for the button, then set up your actions like this:

H9 Bypass / off:None on:127
Mobius Bypass / off:None on:127
System / Step
H9 Bypass / off:None on:127
Mobius Bypass / off:None on:0
System / Step
H9 Bypass / off:None on:0
Mobius Bypass / off:None on:127
System / Step
H9 Bypass / off:None on:0
Mobius Bypass / off:None on:0

The button will cycle between both off, H9 on, Mobius on, and both on each time you press it. I might have the 127s and 0s reversed - don't remember if 127 means no signal or active signal on those devices.

Thanks, I am testing this out and having some difficulty still. I have both pedals going through loop 3 and have tried to have loop 3 opened during the first step as a normal audio function. On that same step I followed the instructions you posted and checked the correct values in each pedals manual. I can get the Mobius to bypass and turn on but it seems to take two button presses. I have tried momentary cc and toggle cc and also momentary under the IA options. Any thoughts on this?

The H9 doesn't seem to respond, should I put the off messages in the off section instead of none? Thanks

Double check the H9's MIDI settings (on the H9 itself) and make sure that bypass is CC#10. The H9's CC numbers are configurable, which means that can be set to a different number than we expect, and sometimes they're not even set to any CC number at all.

Is the Mobius turning on when it should be turning off and vice versa? Usually when two button presses are required to get something done, usually something is out of sync and the GT thinks the pedal is on when it's off. You could try switching the on value from 0 to 127 and 127 to 0 to see if it helps.

The off messages are not sent at all when using an IA cycle button, so that won't help in this case.

Ok, it appears to be working after some more changes, thanks for your guidance. Here are some pic of my editor for others who may want to do something similar.
Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 9.16.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-04 at 9.17.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-04 at 9.17.13 AM.png

Back