[solved] Option to remove page number from main screen

Alexander

When using the command "System:page .." to switch to a specific page, the main display temporarily displays the name of the page. This obstructs fast viewing. Please make displaying this message optional.

There's a setting "Show Page Names" in display settings that you can turn off to disable it.

That's already disabled. I'm not referring to the permanent page number indication. I'm referring to the popup box that appears for a second when switching pages.

Ok, so I had a look under the hood, and what happens is this:

- If Show Page Name is turned on, the system will display the current page's name at the top of the main screen - if the page has one
- If Show Page Name is turned off, the system will briefly display a page name when you change pages

I agree that it would make sense to have a setting that causes it not to display a page name at all. For now, if you clear out the names from all of your button pages, you won't see anything displayed when you change pages.

EDIT: I should mention that you need to clear out your page names AND (ironically) turn on Show Page Names to get no page names to appear.

Last edited:
Back