Options Overload

Dimitri Papadimitriou

First, rjm is insanely good. The PBC6X is unreal. I'm about to start with a new slate because I'm not using this thing to it's fullest. I plan on using Pianoman Drew's HX Stomp MOD page from his graciously shared template. It's pretty slick. I recently got an analog endeavors two button switch to give more functionality and navigation to PBC.

With that said, I'm trying to figure out button pages. There are so many ways to do this, I'm stuck. I've watched all the vids I could and i like how JamesAGuitar from youtube laid out his PBC 10. But I don't use as much midi, etc... The only thing of note really is that I use the split mono loop on 4 and 5 to get me loops 1-8 as well as the insert loop for 9 loops total.

I started another thread about presets and such with HX Stomp. I'm planning out my HX presets:

1. Main presets (using mods / delays and snapshots in conjunction with tube preamps and external pedals in loops)
2. Artist presets (same as above but using more stuff within HX that I don't have in an rjm loop)
3. Direct presets (building a few direct setups all within HX)

With that in mind, I just don't know where to start. Is it best to use the external two button as page up / page down? Bank up / bank down? Should I use one to be a page scroll / tuner. It's so overwhelming. I definitely want to be able to easily access pages and to have access to the built in tuner.

Any advice?

Tough call, because it's a matter of personal preference. However, using the external switches as bank up/down is pretty common. Then, just keep the Function button as a page up button, or use the original bank up/down as page up/down if you like.

I had a question about the bank up and bank down....

Let's say I'm in preset mode, and I assign those buttons to my external switch.... then if I copy them from the factory page...will it always know to bank up and bank down through my presets?

Similarly, if I'm in Song List mode...... does bank up and bank down automatically bank through my set list?

Yes, they will move through banks of presets in the normal preset mode, and will move through songs when using a setlist.

Make sure that you edit the external switches and make sure the Global checkbox is turned on. This makes the buttons always perform the bank up/down functions, regardless of what button page you're on.

Yes, they will move through banks of presets in the normal preset mode, and will move through songs when using a setlist.

Make sure that you edit the external switches and make sure the Global checkbox is turned on. This makes the buttons always perform the bank up/down functions, regardless of what button page you're on.
I'm using the Bank Up / Bank Down to move thru Songs. - When you have assigned these functions to "PBC buttons", the behavior of the button, when you keep holding the button down, is the scroll faster and faster. - When you use the Page Up/Down on external buttons, this scroll behavior is missing?

Bank Up and Down buttons repeat, Page Up and Down buttons don't. It's been almost 10 years since I made that decision, but from what I recall, I didn't make the page buttons repeat because there are only 16 possible pages, not many to move through.

Sorry - my post was not fotmulated correct. - What I've seen is, when you use Bank up/down at external buttons, they don't repeat - when you use them at the "pbc buttons" they actually do repeat! - As I wrote I use these buttons mainly in "Song mode". - So when I do a gig without setlists, I have 180 songs to scroll thru.

Back