Page Menu: invoke Midi Instruction on selection of desired page?

John Sheehan

HI,

Is it possible to include an action (in this case, the selection of a KPA Performance) when a specific Page is selected using the displayed buttons in "Page Menu"?

Rather than include an extra Performance Select action in every IA Button (i.e: Profiler / CC Toggle #47 Off:None, On: (1-127), it would be good to select that performance when the specific page is selected.

Many thanks for all of the excellent assistance to date.

I've done a little digging on the Forum, it looks like it can't be done from the Page Menu; However if I'm sending a MIDI instruction (CC) from a device (in this case Bandhelper App/Android), I can configure my song selection to send a CC to engage the specific KPA Performance along with another CC to change the Mastermind GT Page. (Ref: https://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/another-question-about-pages.4337/#post-21836)

Alternatively, I just include the KPA Performance Select CC action for each button.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

If I am right, could I request a future firmware update to include MIDI actions for the Page Buttons displayed when I use Page Menu?

The only downside using a device to select the KPA Performance per Page is that using the GT Page Menu independently wont work with the KPA without each button having a KPA Performance Select CC Action assigned. In restrospect, I think I've resigned myself to assigning a KPA Performance Select CC action for each button. At least until we see it in a firmware update per my request above ;)

Last edited:
The way I see the page menu is a shortcut to get access to pages easily with basically no configuration required. If you want more than just page selection, define a button page with IAs that select pages and send the desired messages - as you mention in your post above. I don't think that I would want to add more complexity to the Page Menu. it doesn't seem to me like there's a reason to do all the work to duplicate functionality that's already available in normal button pages.

Thank you! "... If you want more than just page selection, define a button page with IAs that select pages and send the desired messages".

Will do :)

Hi again, same thread here...

So I've setup a button page that takes me to a selected page and included CC actions to change to desired performances on my Kemper and other devices on selection of the desired page.

Question, for instance I have a button on my selected page that selects slot 1 in a kemper performance. Is it also possible to use a midi/system/whatever message when I select the page for that IA button so that the toggle action displays the button as active is actually engaged (I have the button setup as White for off, and Red for on)?

I hope I am making sense?

1. pressing button on my own dedicated page select page to select a specific page
2. the action also selects desired kemper performance and programmed slot
3. ...how do I now get the button to appear "activated"? (in this case Red) I have three slots in a group, I want to be able to see what slot (button) is active.

Thank you in advance. J

All good! SET IA did the trick.

Set an IA ID number for the IA Buttons you wish to manage on the Page Select page, then add an Action to the specific Page Button to activate that button when the page is entered. I have three IA Buttons on each page assigned to a page specific Kemper performance slot 1, 2 & 3 respectively. I decided not to use the IA assignment "0" just to make my life easier, so I started at 1.

Page 1 - System / Set IA IA:1 off:none on:1
Page 2 - System / Set IA IA:4 off:none on:1
Page 3 - System / Set IA IA:7 off:none on:1

That will engage IA1 on the page 1 select, IA 4 on page 2 & IA 7 on page 3. if all IA buttons on every page are in the same group (in my case 1), it works a treat!

Over and out. J

Back