Parallel H9 loop possible?

Hey All:

I'm aware that the PBC6x doesn't have a line mixer/parallel loops. But I'm curious if a parallel loop of sorts can be done to create an 'analog dry through' for an Eventide H9.

This video lays out how Dan from TPS uses the H9 in kill drive with a parallel loop using the G3.

Is there anyway to accomplish a similar feat using the split loops, or the two outputs of the PBC6x? Or would I need to use the mini line mixer? If so how?

Thanks,

I'm just curious, as I have debated adding an h9 to my board as a 'jack of all trades' option. I have a Strymon Mobius on my board already, the rest of my pedals all have analog dry-through or are analog themselves. I run a wet/dry setup often, and while I'm frankly not sure I could hear the extra A/D conversion if I stacked the H9 and Mobius in a patch, I'm trying to understand my options.

Attachments

• parallel option.png
    parallel option.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 1
You would need an external line mixer to make that work. The loop send would split with a Y cable, which goes to one input of the line mixer, and the other to the H9. The output of the H9 goes to another input of the mixer. The mixer output goes to the loop return.

I use one of these one control mosquito pedals with my pbc6x to get a parallel loop for the h9. Problem is you need to use a single loop (can't be split into mono otherwise the volume drops).

Suhr minimix 2 would work. It also has a kill dry feature. I use one with my H9 & PBC. I kill the dry when I use reverse DLY & tremolo presets. You can use FN switch to kill the dry. I use A Suhr micro MIDI to kill my dry singnal. I’m using the FN for amp switching.

Back