PBC 10 Dry Signal disappeared

drogers

I am having a brand new issue with my PBC 10. I was playing at my church this last weekend and without changing presets, my dry signal all but disappeared and I was left with my wet signal only. I powered off and on half a dozen times or so and then it finally reappeared. Is this a hardware or software issue? I have loop 9 (delay) set to parallel and dry signal kill in order to not have it feed directly into loop 10 (reverb). The LCD screen continues to show that dry signal is engaged on the PBC 10. It has worked flawlessly for years this way. HELP!

It's hard to say what it is without having it in front of me, but if it happened without you changing settings, it's almost certainly hardware related. How old is this PBC, and did it happen at the moment you pressed a button, or when you weren't touching the unit at all?

PBC 10.PNG
5 yrs old. Correct, it happened with out me changing the settings at all. I was not touching the unit when it happened. It happened again this weekend. I was able to get it to switch back by physically tapping the unit with my fingers somewhere between loops 4 and 5 (I think).

That's definitely a hardware issue, probably a bad solder joint. You're out of warranty, but our rates are pretty reasonable. Contact us at support@rjmmusic.com and we can set up an RMA.

So weird... same exact thing happened to me today in church. I went to the switches page, turned the dry signal off and back on, and my dry signal reappeared...

@rjmmusic what do you think? Should I schedule a maintenance with you guys? I'm on firmware 4.9... might re-flash the firmware and see if this was a fluke... but it was SO WEIRD...

In terms of age, I bought this unit new from Sweetwater back in November 2017.

Loops 1-8 are normal.
Loops 9-10 are parallel.
Running L+R out of the PBC into dual Kempers.

Last edited:
If it's 5 years old, there is something that's probably worth looking at. I've never seen the problem affect the dry signal specifically, usually it affects the main outputs. But, it could potentially affect the dry signal. If you'd like to send it in, send email to support@rjmmusic.com and we can set it up.

So weird... same exact thing happened to me today in church. I went to the switches page, turned the dry signal off and back on, and my dry signal reappeared...

@rjmmusic what do you think? Should I schedule a maintenance with you guys? I'm on firmware 4.9... might re-flash the firmware and see if this was a fluke... but it was SO WEIRD...

In terms of age, I bought this unit new from Sweetwater back in November 2017.

Loops 1-8 are normal.
Loops 9-10 are parallel.
Running L+R out of the PBC into dual Kempers.
Maybe it has something to do with playing at church. ;););)

Back