PBC 10 Function/Tap Out

tylerkappmusic

So I’m having some problems with a tap tempo button on my PBC 10 and I can’t work it out. I followed the instructions from the video on this thread:

It seems to work flawlessly with the El Capistan (modded V2, not the new midi version) when switching presets that have tempo info notated via the editor software. But when I try to tap in a tempo on the device using the button I have assigned via the process in the above link, the Timeline receives the new tempo, but the El Capistan does not. It’s almost like the MIDI clock isn’t sending to the function switch when the tempo is tapped in. I tried assigning some different macros and functions, to no avail. Would anyone have any good suggestions? Feel like I’ve been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this out the past week and have to be missing something so simple lol

Thanks!

Can you hear the tempo clicking in the PBC when you switch tempos? That will tell you if you have auto tap set up correctly.

This video may be of help:

Thank you so much for the reply! So it seems like I have everything set correctly based on the video above? You can hear it triggering the relay when it switches presets and everything does sync up between the Timeline and El Cap no problem, but then once I try to tap in a different tempo on the button, the Timeline changes but the El Cap stays the same. Would you have any suggestions?

You have to add an Audio / Fn Switch action to the tap button so that it sends taps out the function switch jack as well as adjusting the system tempo. Same Fn Switch action as in your auto tap macro.

Back