PBC 6/x with Boss DD500

JPE

I just got the PBC 6/x and I’m having trouble getting it to run my DD500 via midi. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm gong to need more details to help. Can you get the DD-500 to change presets? If not, make sure the MIDI Recieve Channel ion the DD-500 matches the channel set for it in the PBC setup.

No, I can’t get it to change presets. I do have the right channel set. My Rv500 works fine, I have no luck with the DD

If the DD-500 isn't the first MIDI device in your chain, I recommend trying to connect it directly to your PBC's MIDI output to see if anything starts working.

I have it set up that way right now, still nothing. Should it be set on CC toggle or CC momentary, maybe I have the wrong CC#?

I recommend starting with PCs, do you have your PBC presets set up to send PC messages to the DD-500? (It sets this up by default, so it should probably do that unless you changed it)

Yes I do. My RV500 is working fine with midi. I have everything set the same, that’s why I’m thinking my cc# is wrong

I recommend starting with PCs, do you have your PBC presets set up to send PC messages to the DD-500? (It sets this up by default, so it should probably do that unless you changed it)
Ok, so the DD500 is a little different from the RV500, I needed an extra CC command. I have it working properly now.

Back