PBC 6X is sending Sysex to a pedal on power up / editor update

ataglianetti

I recently added a Hologram Electronics Microcosm to my pedalboard and just finished setting it up as a device in the PBC 6X.

Unfortunately I'm experiencing an issue when my pedalboard is powered on or when I use the Mastermind editor to send updates to the PBC6X. When my board is powered up or the PBC6X receives an update from the editor, the Microcosm goes into update mode - which according to Hologram Electronics, means it's received SysEx data.

The Microcosm is the last device in my MIDI signal flow. Before it is a Chase Bliss Audio MIDI Box, Strymon Volante, and Strymon Big Sky. The other devices are fine.

Is there a way to not send sysex data to the MIDI devices on power up or receiving an update from the editor? I have to power cycle the Microcosm independently each time this happens.

I'm on Mastermind Editor / PBC 6X FW 4.4.2.

I'm going have to call that a bug in that pedal - it should ignore sysex data from another manufacturer, or anything it doesn't recognize.

However, the PBC should not be sending sysex data on its own. Do you have MIDI Merge or MIDI Forward turned on? If those are turned on, any sysex coming from the computer (ie updates) will be forwarded to devices down the MIDI chain.

The PBC doesn't send sysex on power up unless you've programmed it to do so (using a sysex action in a startup macro, preset action list, etc.).

So MIDI Merge and MIDI Forward are disabled and I don't have a startup Macro I believe? I've attached my file - could you let me know if anything looks suspect? I'll follow up with them as well.

Attachments

• PBC6X TEST.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Okay, I've sorted it out - my Strymon Big Sky is spitting out Sysex on power up and the Microcosm is downstream from it. I'll take it up with Strymon and Hologram Electronics. Thanks for your help, Ron!

Back