PBC/6X MIDI In Box Wiring Question

mrbesty

Hi all!

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (I searched, I promise!) but I wondered if I could confirm the wiring of the pins for MIDI in and out on the PBC/6X. I'm planning on building a little box as per the suggestion of one of the other forum members to split the port. Would I wire pins 4&5 from the PBC to 4&5 on the midi out port and 1&3 to lugs 4&5 on the midi in (then presumably pin 2 from the PBC to pin 2 on both ports)? I hope that makes sense!

I only have basic soldering experience with XLR, TRS etc. but not MIDI as yet so apologies if this is a bit basic haha.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Here's the diagram we used when we used to build phantom power power boxes by hand. Since the PBC/6X doesn't use phantom power, you would need to replace the 7-pin connector with a 5-pin connector, and delete the power jack. The other connections remain the same.

Attachments

• PPA-DIN7F-2.pdf
    284.9 KB · Views: 17
Here's the diagram we used when we used to build phantom power power boxes by hand. Since the PBC/6X doesn't use phantom power, you would need to replace the 7-pin connector with a 5-pin connector, and delete the power jack. The other connections remain the same.

YOU ROCK! Thanks RJM

Oh, this is excellent! Haven't got round to wiring mine up yet but this is super helpful.

Thanks heaps!

I went ahead and wired up my own split cable using the diagram above and it all worked! I ended up just making a split cable, not a box. I used BTPA's CA-1007 Mini Starquad cable and was able to fit both cables into one Switchcraft right angle midi plug.

The only problem on the wiring was a little confusion about what side of the midi jack/plug I was looking at. To make it easier on my brain, I ended up making my own diagram. RJM, check my work please! ;) If all is well, maybe this can be a useful resource for others.

QzYhkVW.jpg

Back