PBC/6X to Iridium Config Test: Fail

George

Been watching the Mastering series (innumerable times) and thought I had the basic send PC commands in hand..well, not. Following Ron's video where I "get under the hood to do some Preset Programming" I set up my Iridium as suggested by Strymon. I have the Iridium set up for Channel 1 ( a ridiculous setup procedure, I mean it's got a USB C connector why not allow a couple of simple MIDI settings too?)

I have a 5 Pin MIDI cable from the 6X "Out" to a Strymon Conduit's MIDI "IN" (The conduit is Strymons MIDI Interface box for their MIDI pedals) and then to the Iridiums 1/4" MIDI jack using a supplied Strymon TRS cable. Strymon suggested testing communications by " Using the Editor I set up the 6X, entered Devices (Iridium MIDI Chan 1), Named Preset 1 as Iridium Test, and adjusted the Preset to send a CC 27 with a value of 127 to toggle the FAV switch on the IRIDIUM from OFF to On....Saved settings to 6X and well the Conduit blinks when hit Preset but no FAV light...I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall...

08B7EF06-9417-49C2-A9B0-97708A3CE0B2_1_101_o.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 4.14.54 PM.png
491E1D33-772C-4A73-9997-B79A8C96DF8A_1_101_o.jpeg

2584D484-C05B-412E-B033-A4A44A346375_1_101_o.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't recommend using any of their "Footswitch" type CCs, they're set up for "dumb" MIDI controllers and don't really work well when you try to use them with a controller that can send lots of messages per preset. Also, I always advise against using preset actions if there's another way to accomplish something.

The first thing I recommend setting up on any MIDI capable pedal is program changes. It's a little tricky to do on the small Strymon pedals. I recommend having a look at this video. It shows a Riverside, but the process should be the same on the Iridium:

Last edited:
Thank Ron, I'll check it out...I decided against ikeeping my MEGX in the sequence even though it was apparent the Conduit was previously seeing MIDI messages as indicated by the flashing lights. KISS Principle as best I can...

Back