PBC 6X tuner out noise

I recently hooked up a Daddario tuner to the tuner out. With the tuner always on, if i switch to the loop with my Ramble FX Twin Bender Fuzz, or Fuzz Face, there is a crazy loud hum type sound, if turn the tuner off it goes away. I was hoping to just have the tuner on all the time and just mute when i need to tune, but it seems that fuzzes don’t like the tuner out having the tuner active?

Not sure about that, I've never seen it happen. Do you have the PBC's buffer on or off?

It would be interesting to turn off fuzz mode to see what happens. That'll let us know if the lack of buffering is involved somehow.

It seems that way. If i turn off fuzz mode, the sound goes away, but the fuzz sounds horrible. If i turn off the input buffer and fuzz mode, the sound returns.

I guess it has to be some interaction between the fuzz and the tuner, which, without the buffer, are connected together.

The only suggestion I can think of is to connect the tuner out to an external buffer, and the buffer's output to the tuner.

Back