PBC and Walrus R1

thegeardad

Hey there... I've got 2 pedals that I'm running MIDI to on my board. First is a Walrus Audio R1 Reverb (MIDI channel 1) and then a Boss DD-200 (MIDI channel 2) - my issue is with the R1.

So on my preset pages, I have 8 presets per page. Ideally I want each preset to be able to have it's own reverb and delay settings. I don't think that's too crazy of an ask lol! So far, things are great and I am beginning the PC messages to change presets AFTER each pedal's non-MIDI memory (So R1 has first 3 presets available by foot so it starts at 4 and DD-200 has 5 (4+manual mode) so I started it at 7 just because...)

My problem: the R1 changes as expected on presets 1-5 (PC 4-8) but then the pedal shows a white light from that point forward (not the green, blue, or red that indicate you're on a preset.) All my settings seem the same and I'm getting worn out just searching through the RJM editor on what is wrong. If anyone can help me out I've attached my save file here as well. I am praying that it's just a dumb mistake and not something with the R1 itself!

And both pedals are updated to the latest firmware as of July 19th at 7pm!

Attachments

• IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • july1922 - presets678notwork.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
I'm pretty sure all the Walrus Mako series pedals do that — only show colors on the first three presets and then show the white light for the others that are only accessible via MIDI.

As a test:
- Go to your RegDrv patch (which accesses preset 4 on your R1)
- on the R1 unit, change that reverb to something obvious (a super short spring for example) and save over the preset
- Then go to your Clean patch (which accesses preset 5 on your R1) and do the same thing on the unit — change it to something obvious and opposite, like a really long tail reverb, and save over it.
- Call up RegDrv again and see if you get the short reverb; then call up Clean again and see if you get the long one.

That'll at least verify the R1 is working as it should; your settings file looks fine to me!

Back