PBC editor app for iPad and/or iPhone?

FriedOutKombi

Not sure if someone has already asked this. Would it be possible to have an editor app for iPad or iPhone? I use both at gigs and it would be super to be able to use them on the fly.

Not sure if someone has already asked this. Would it be possible to have an editor app for iPad or iPhone? I use both at gigs and it would be super to be able to use them on the fly.
I don’t believe the PBC has a Bluetooth card to communicate with any wireless device unless you use a usb cable ?

I came here to throw my support in for an ipad app version of the editor. Laptops are clunky to carry around and you have to have a table or something to set up on. An ipad can go anywhere and be mounted to a mic stand. Just hook up USB and it should see the PBC as a midi device.

Hopefully this happens. I'd be a happy camper.

EDIT: I'd even PAY for this app!

I came here to throw my support in for an ipad app version of the editor. Laptops are clunky to carry around and you have to have a table or something to set up on. An ipad can go anywhere and be mounted to a mic stand. Just hook up USB and it should see the PBC as a midi device.

Hopefully this happens. I'd be a happy camper.

EDIT: I'd even PAY for this app!
Me too. I use an iPad at every gig for backing tracks and lyrics and it would be invaluable.

I've wanted to do this for years, it's just not so easy to allocate a couple months to do it. The whole user interface has to be rewritten to make sense on a tablet. And there's a lot of user interface.

But, small progress is being made. I'm currently working on an editor for the upcoming Mini Effect Gizmo update, and am writing it as a "tablet first" app (although there will be a PC/Mac version). It's much, much simpler than the Mastermind editor, probably less than 1/20th of the complexity, but it's allowing me to get familiar with the tools needed and tablet-centric design. That's the first step to bigger things.

The old “things are always simpler the second time through.” Although possibly not with something 20 times more complicated.
I look forward to the outcome. Meanwhile the 6X is awesome and the PC editor works brilliantly.

I've wanted to do this for years, it's just not so easy to allocate a couple months to do it. The whole user interface has to be rewritten to make sense on a tablet. And there's a lot of user interface.

But, small progress is being made. I'm currently working on an editor for the upcoming Mini Effect Gizmo update, and am writing it as a "tablet first" app (although there will be a PC/Mac version). It's much, much simpler than the Mastermind editor, probably less than 1/20th of the complexity, but it's allowing me to get familiar with the tools needed and tablet-centric design. That's the first step to bigger things.
I did a search because I figured this feature had to have been requested multiple times but only the PBC editor came up. Is the Mastermind GT editor similar to the Mastermind PBC editor? Is it also something you are working on for iPad?

I did a search because I figured this feature had to have been requested multiple times but only the PBC editor came up. Is the Mastermind GT editor similar to the Mastermind PBC editor? Is it also something you are working on for iPad?
I’m still hoping for this, especially as a gigging muso who uses an iPad for lyrics and backing tracks. Would enable me to edit it far more easily at gigs.

Back