PBC issue with recalling Strymon Sunset Presets

Julien

Hello all :)
After upgrading from a musicomLab to the PBC lately, I have been enjoying so much the flexibility and how it is easy to interact live with all the pedals with the various created pages, that I nearly didn’t event programmed presets! (This freedom is awesome!)

But at some point, I still had to LOL
And this is when I discovered that the PBC won’t recall any PC to my Strymon Sunset.
No matter what PC I assign to a preset for the Sunset, it will always revert back to preset 1 on the sunset, as if something was overwriting this.

Exemple: Preset #1 on PBC: PC#6 for sunset, Sunset loop ON, PC#11 for Riverside, Riverside Lloop ON.
Result: Sunset back on Preset#1, whereas Riverside successfully changed to PC#11.

Here’s my tests:
•Function 100% like it should with the Strymon Riverside...
•I tested and even switch the cables between the Riverside and Sunset, same.
•Both Strymon are connected to the disaster area midi box, with the correct setting inside.
•Midi Channels on the Strymon Sunset is correctly set as channel 3, and set up correctly on the PBC too in device. (Settings for the Sunset on the PBC is the same for Riverside, which works perfectly...)
•I tested with both Strymon pedals unplugged from the PBC, it’s the same, which makes me think the issue isn’t the Strymon Sunset pedal itself, but right on the PBC.
•I created a page on the PBC, where I can go - & + trough the sunset presets. Every time it starts at preset #1. (For Riverside it starts at the correct preset recalled by the PC saved with the preset)

I have checked every settings, and at this point, as geek as I think I am, I can’t find the solution...!!!!

The only thing I havent done yet, is create a new PBC layout from scratch to test. (Realizing as I’m writing this long post now!!) But still, I would like to pinpoint the issue.
The Riverside is the same pedal, and yet it works 100% like it should. No idea why the Sunset always revert to preset #1 by the PBC, ignoring all PC’s...

Other than that, the PBC is absolutely awesome and lives up to his legend. The only limits is your brain!
Thank you for creating such a masterpiece!

Any input welcome, appreciate it.

Regards, Julien

Capture d'écran 2020-06-08 10.18.49.jpg

It's either one of two things:

- The Sunset is not really set to channel 3
or
- You have conflicting MIDI messages coming from your PBC. This is usually an IA button that sends PC messages to the Strymon pedal. If an IA button has Send on Preset Change turned on, it will send its messages every time you change presets, not just when you press the button. If you have any IA buttons that select presets on the Sunset, look at each buttons' settings and correct if necessary

Hi,
Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
1) Sunset is definitely set on CH3, as I can even cycle through the preset via the PBC and the dev PC-/+ button.
2) I see what you mean, but question, how come the Riverside is acting perfectly normal then?
It could be just an IA button that sends PC message just to the sunset somewhere on my 7 pages?
Time to go through every IA button I created and use LOL
Will report back, as I'm both annoyed and interested to find the solution :)

Hi,
Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
1) Sunset is definitely set on CH3, as I can even cycle through the preset via the PBC and the dev PC-/+ button.
2) I see what you mean, but question, how come the Riverside is acting perfectly normal then?
It could be just an IA button that sends PC message just to the sunset somewhere on my 7 pages?
Time to go through every IA button I created and use LOL
Will report back, as I'm both annoyed and interested to find the solution :)

Yes, there's likely a button somewhere in there sending PCs specifically to the Sunset.

The fastest way to find something:
- Select the View / System Report menu item.
- Press Ctrl-A (or Command-A on a Mac) to select all text
- Press Ctrl-C (or Command-C) to copy text
- Paste text into Word, Notepad, TextEdit or some text editor
- Use the search function to search for Sunset / PC

Well... like your products, you're a genius!!!

I totally forgot about that simple yet intricate button:

Button 6, page 2:
Type: IA
Name: Octava
Group: None
Send on preset: Yes
Update on preset: Yes
IALink
Button Actions:
1: Audio / Loop #7 off:OFF, on:ON
2: Sunset / PC off:1 on:0
3: Audio / Loop #6 off:OFF, on:ON
4: Audio / Buffer #1 off:ON, on:OFF
5: Timeline:Bypass / CC Toggle #102 off:0 on:127

Unclicked "Send on Preset Change" and the issue is logically gone.

Thank you so much. :)

I'm glad it happened, as I learnt about the view/system report menu trick to quickly scan for what I was looking for.

I guess im back to programming a bit now!

Back