PBC photo thread

110C9943-6C24-4E91-8466-F884CCBD5F90.jpeg
Built on a Pedaltrain Pro. Power underneath by Cioks (DC10) and Strymon (Ojai). Also underneath is a Goodwood Underfacer and an insert box in the insert loop between loops 6 and 7, which is where the preamp of the DSM/Humboldt Simplifier is patched. Output of board goes to effect returns on the Simplifier.

Still a work in progress, wiring needs to be tidied up, especially MIDI cables.
Hoping to migrate this setup to a different board with a bridge in the next year or so.

Last edited:
3D890150-D1A2-4D21-A0D7-DF5E6C5898BE.jpeg
D320DC61-2BF8-4382-AD9E-E3906D0C2E89.jpeg

I’m new to pedals as of the start of this year and have had a ton of fun working toward this setup. I can’t say enough about how great it is to have forums like this one, Reddit, and of course YouTube. I’m basically a bedroom guitar player (or office actually) and hoping to jam more often with some friends as I’ve gotten back into guitar.

Board setup is the Aclam S2 pedalboard with Wahpper second tier riser board. I’m using two CIOKS DC10 supplies, one under the main board, one under the riser. I bought the CIOKS supplies because Aclam had a mount specifically for that supply. American Loopers 6-way TRS Junction Box is under the main board. Patch cables are Goodwood Audio custom length TRS insert cables and EBS PG and TRS flat patch cables. Using all PBC loops in split mono. Loops for pedals on the riser are connected via TRS to the junction box, then broken out on the back side of the box. The setup can be quickly broken down and put in two bags.

I’m using a wet/dry setup where I have one loop send only to the dry amp, then using 4CM with the wet amp. Dry amp loop out and main PBC out go to the junction box. I can reorder the dry loop to be after the wet effects if I want both amps wet. Haven’t had any ground isolation issues, but guess I could buy an isolation transformer if it ends up being a problem.

Everything is in its own loop except the wah is on the front end before the PBC and the Muffuletta and the PackRat are in the same loop. The JamMan is on the board because I could fit it and uses its own external power supply.

The Saturnworks switch is set up right now to control one PBC function switch. One PBC external switch is connected to the Morning Glory red remote.

I’m not using midi yet. I’ve got the Disaster Area micro.clock connected to the Carbon Copy, DD-8, and Flint. I still need a solution to sync the micro.clock to the PBC tempo, if anyone has any suggestions. I thought I could use midi to send tap CC messages to the micro.clock, but from what I understand the fundamental clock rate that messages run on is not fast enough to get good enough resolution in setting the tempo. I think I could switch to the Smart Clock and use midi clock from the PBC, but the Smart Clock would have to go under the board because it’s much bigger than the micro.

I’m using a C13 computer style power cable with a C14-to-C5+C13 splitter under the main board to daisy chain the CIOKS supplies with a short C14-C5 cable to connect to the CIOKS on the riser.

Can’t think of anything else. Thanks for all the great support and contributions here!

I can’t say enough about how great it is to have forums like this one, Reddit, and of course YouTube.
Not to mention The Gear Page, huge wealth of information there especially for pedals! My go-to's are here, the Gear Page, Talkbass and YouTube.

Board looks great, btw! I miss my carbon copy for sure - very tempting to pick up the carbon copy deluxe - I'm sure it sounds awesome.

Ok, I changed back to Aero 24x12.5 board. I could no longer deal with the wah & top row of the Pbc6x at such a steep angle. I ended up using washers to pitch the back of the board a bit. Still need to tidy up the bottom.

66384E04-6364-4AB8-AB46-858EA5427856.jpeg

13E428CF-6A53-4F78-99FB-D342B0C3BC51.jpeg68C4500F-8037-43D4-917C-6F5B6925FA89.jpeg

Last edited:
@Jac78221 that's awesome - another Creation board! I feel like having better access to pedals on the top of the board will be better in the long run. On a side note, how do you like the UA Golden? I was super interested in it but I don't think I could go without at least a handful of reverb presets.

@Jac78221 that's awesome - another Creation board! I feel like having better access to pedals on the top of the board will be better in the long run. On a side note, how do you like the UA Golden? I was super interested in it but I don't think I could go without at least a handful of reverb presets.
It’s great…. I end up going down to my local music store with my whole rig. I had a shootout with A FTT Ambispace & CB CXM1978. I felt the Golden colored the original singnal the least of the bunch. What I would do is put the pedal into the FX loop one at a time and turn the loop off and on. I chose the one that I felt was the close to my amp dry. I also felt that catalinbread Talisman at 12v was closer to my amp dry sound. But, I felt that Golden algorithm were a bit better sounding.

Ahh that's really interesting - especially about the 1978. Thanks for sharing. The only thing that has held me back from trying the 1978 is the price... It's steep haha.

Ahh that's really interesting - especially about the 1978. Thanks for sharing. The only thing that has held me back from trying the 1978 is the price... It's steep haha.
You really need to try them out yourself with your rig. With the component tolerances in pedals on any given day, I could have preferred one of the other pedals. if the store had a different batch in stock.

Last edited:
How do you like the vertex board? Dose the back row seem to high for you?
It's great albeit I think overpriced. Great design and compact at 20x11.5 . Its high as in you need a deep case if you're gigging it, but all the top pedals are in a loop or in the amps fx loop .

Not to mention The Gear Page, huge wealth of information there especially for pedals! My go-to's are here, the Gear Page, Talkbass and YouTube.

Board looks great, btw! I miss my carbon copy for sure - very tempting to pick up the carbon copy deluxe - I'm sure it sounds awesome.
Thanks! Love the carbon copy deluxe, got that one for the tap tempo control. Haven’t used the modulation feature much yet.

Back