PBC10 and Timeline issue

Toopher1

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a Mastermind PBC10 and a Strymon Timeline and Strymon Bigsky controlled via Midi.

Lately I have been having an issue where the Bigsky will be fine with zero issues but the Timeline will for some reason go 100% wet out of nowhere. No PC change or CC Change. If I power cycle the Timeline the issue is resolved for a bit but then it will happen again. Killdry is disabled on the Timeline so it's passing wet and dry signal. I haven't been able to nail down the trigger.

RJM is running Firmware 4.6.x code
Timeline is running Firmware Rev. 1.88

Hard to say without seeing your settings. Do you have an expression pedal that's set up to adjust wet/dry mix perhaps?

No expression pedal.

I use the RJM as a real basic PC Switcher and midi clock. What settings would you need to see?

No expression pedal.

I use the RJM as a real basic PC Switcher and midi clock. What settings would you need to see?
Ideally, I'd like to get a backup copy of the file saved from the editor or from the unit itself.

I spoke with Strymon about this issue. It has nothing to do with MIDI, etc. It has to do with the signal going into the unit being too hot. Mine was in a Mark IV effects loop. As soon as I moved it out of the loop to the front of the pre-amp the problem went away. Thus, if you want it in your effects loop you will have to get some kind of attenuator to put in front of the pedals (unless your loop has one built in).

Back