PBC10 & Line 6 HX Effects

rockgod78

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some assistance on hooking up the HX effects unit. Please bare with me on my description! Hehe!

I was going to go for the Eventide H9 as it has the capability to do pre and post effects so you can run some effects in the the front of the amp and others in to the fx loop so, drives hit the front of the amp and time based effects are where they should be in the loop. However, I've seen that the H9 doesn't play well with loops so, I thought lets go for the HX effects instead!

I wanted to know if there is a way of doing the same thing with the line 6 and how to cable the thing!!?

The plan is to use loops 1-6 on the PBC in front of the amp and the other four in the amps fx loop so, i break out after loop 6 on the PBC to my amps fx loop. The aim is to have one loop in 1-6 for the line 6 in front of the amp for the effects that need to hit the amp and then a loop in 7-10 for the effects that need to go in to the loop.

I've seen that you need to use an fx loop block in the line 6 chain to route the effects to the fx loop so that seems ok but just wondering how to set my cables up.

Is this possible at all or am I just dreaming this whole thing up!!! Hehe!!

Thanks in advance!!

To wire the 4 cable method:
- Connect your effects in loops 1-5
- Send 6 goes to effect processor input
- Return 6 goes to effect processor send
- Out 5-6 goes to amp's input
- Amp's effect loop send goes to In 7-10
- Send 7 goes to effect processor return
- Return 7 goes to effect processor output
- Other effects in loops 8-10
- Out A to amp's effect loop return

Wow...thanks for that. I actually have the PBC 6 but I'm thinking it's probably the same thing. And hopefully I can figure it out from this.

Just replace Out 5-6 with INS S, and In 7-10 with INS R. Plug your pedals in whichever loops you like. Any loop before the insert loop (shown as "+" in the order) will be in front of the amp. Any loop after it will be in the amp's loop.
Wow...thanks for that. I actually have the PBC 6 but I'm thinking it's probably the same thing. And hopefully I can figure it out from this.

Thank you so much. Eventually I'll set it up for individual songs. With Midi I should be able to set it up for individual songs. Not sure if it would be better using snapshots within the HX stomp or just presets. I'm sure that will be a learning curve to get that right. But seems like endless possibilities. Thanks again

Back