PBC10 vs PBC/6X with external midi loop switcher (ML5)

mattybags

Hello,

I am looking to replace my Gig Rig QMX10 with a programmable loop switcher. Hopefully one with at least 10 loops and the option to re-route those loops.

My initial comparison was between the G3 (too expensive) and the PBC 10 (no re-routable loops). It seems though, that I may get everything I was looking for if I was to combine the PBC/6X with an external midi loop switcher (such as the Morningstar ML5) for the additional loops. Has anyone had success with a similar setup? If so, what midi loop switcher are you using?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I haven't used a PBC with an external loop switcher, but I can promise you that it would be able to handle it easily. I'd recommend waiting for the new RJM Mini-Effects Gizmo though. I know they're hoping it have it out extremely soon, though they haven't given an exact date. It will definitely meet your desire for reroutable loops though. The confirmed features per this thread are:

- 6 Loops
- All loops stereo capable
- All loops re-orderable (feature will come after release as it's dependent on software updates that haven't been written yet)
- 2 Function switches on one TRS jack
- Switchable stereo buffer
- Tuner Output

Back