PBC6X Capabilities with Midi Integration like Selah Quartz V3

Greetings!

I'm wondering if the PBC6X has or will ever have the capability similar to the Selah Quartz V3 to control pedals from manufacturers such as Empress, Chase Bliss Audio, and Meris with no special connector required, just a 1/4″ stereo TRS lead?

I just purchased a PBC6X, and having this feature would add a tremendous amount of value to it while also being a huge space saver on my pedalboard.

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Maybe I misunderstood - do you mean controlling tap tempo, or are you talking MIDI? The thing I pointed to is for tap tempo, not MIDI over 1/4-inch. Now that I realized which pedals you were mentioning, you were probably were talking about MIDI. In which case, you'll still need a MIDI Box or other adapter. Sorry... I didn't know that the Quartz did anything aside from tap tempo.

Yes, I was referring to midi, not tap tempo. I have a Selah Quartz V2, but it doesn't have the capability to send midi messages directly to the Chase Bliss, Meris, etc.; however, the Selah Quartz V3 does indeed have this capability. So, I wouldn't have to purchase the Quartz V3, or the CB or Meris midi interface box (this saves $ and pedalboard space), if the PBC6X was able to somehow provide this same funcion. That's why I ask... As a suggestion, this feature would definately add value to the PBC6X. Thanks for your time, and for listening!

I guess I forgot to ask... do you have any idea if this would be a software adjustment or hardware related change? If it's software related, I will wait for a possible update? If it's hardware, I will consider my next steps apart from the PBC/6X's abilities... Again, thank you!

I've seen MIDI to TRS cables available for connecting to the pedals that take in MIDI via TRS. I think Disaster Area sells some. You can only connect to one pedal using one, but it's helpful for some. Just a thought.

Back