PBC6X PC/CC Message Copy/Paste function

Thomas Hopton

Hi there,

I use several midi pedals in my PBC6X setup, which is THE best controller ever.
One area where I'd like to see addition is when you have midi pedals that aren't in loops and you need to control their on/off states for every single preset you make so they're not still on from a previous preset. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm referring to.

If there would be a way to copy messages that you make in the "Preset Actions" tab, and then be able to copy those to other presets, that would save me a significant amount of time.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.49.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.49.26 AM.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
That makes sense for sure, I'll look into that.

However, I should mention that using IA buttons instead of preset actions makes managing pedals much easier. Set up an IA button that sends bypass on/off messages to the pedal and turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. This button doesn't even have to be accessible in normal use, it can be on a button page that you don't normally use. Just make sure that Max Page (in Globals) is set to be the number of the highest numbered button page you're using.

At this point, the button will already start working. By default, it will send a message to bypass the pedal every time you change presets on the PBC. All you need to do is go into the Presets tab of the editor and turn on the button in the presets where you want the pedal to be active.

I contruct my patch exactly the same way... But I was considering doing Macros... Any way copy/paste macros available in the next MastermindEditor update?

Hey admin,

Thanks for the tip on using IA buttons. I was doing the same thing as Thomas but this seems to be a better approach. Unfortunately I'm not able to get this working. I followed the steps, and even though I have 'Send on Preset Change' and 'Update on Preset Change' set to 'Yes' - it doesn't seem to be doing that. Alternatively, when I placed one of these buttons on my active button page and physically tapped on it, it did send the message - but it didn't send the message on preset change automatically.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 3.53.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 3.53.03 PM.png
    973.5 KB · Views: 3
First thing to check is to insure that Send CCs on Preset Change is turned on for that device in the Devices tab.

I made that change. Regardless of any IA button set up I'm seeing a couple of things. My Empress Echosystem turns off with every preset change and my Empress Reverb is unaffected by preset changes. That is wrt toggling the device ON/OFF. I'm sending PCs from the presets which work as I expect.

You still have a conflict in your settings somewhere. If you want to send your settings file to me, I can have a look.

I got it sorted out. I misunderstood what you meant by "Just make sure that Max Page (in Globals) is set to be the number of the highest numbered button page you're using". By "using" I thought you meant physically tapping on (so that the IA button would be acting behind the scenes so to speak). I changed the config so that button was on the next sequential page and made it accessible using Max Page and it's working as intended now! In hindsight, this makes a lot more sense anyway. Can use this to toggle my midi pedals on/off the same as pedals in the loops.

Thanks so much for your help - much appreciated!! I'm just beginning to dig into the PBC/6X but I'm really excited about it capabilities!

Back