Pedalboard Build 2019

makingsound

Hey all! I've been reworking my pedalboard, jumping ship from a 28x16 flatboard to a Temple Audio Trio 21. I'll update this thread with progress reports. The Mastermind LT controls two midi loop boxes & a Gigrig remote loopy 2 (as well as the midi enabled pedals).

Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions!

IMG_6989.jpg

It took a bit of planning/head scratching to keep as many pedals as possible. I decided to throw a couple pedals under the board. The Compressor & Fuzz Factory are inside the Remote Loopy 2 which is being controlled by the LT's function switches.
IMG_7037.jpg
IMG_7136.jpg

Here's the 1st draft of the board swap. The biggest change here is that I took the Big Muff off & swapped the MD-500 for an H9.

share-1.JPEG

There were a few pedals I've had my eye on that popped up locally, so the pedal party commenced. Still undecided on whats going to make the cut.

IMG_7325.jpg

After a bunch of shootouts I've found a pretty knockout set up. I'm always thinking of ways to make little changes here and there, but I'm good to lock this for a bit*.

IMG_7610.JPG

The signal chain:

1. Pettyjohn Lift
2. Sonic Research Turbo Tuner
3. h9 (pre)
4. GigRig Remote Loopy-2
>>>Zvex Silicon Fuzz Factory
>>>Diamond Compressor
5. Midi Loop Expander Box (1)
>>> Boss Dimension-C
>>> ARC Effects Crimson King
>>> 1981 Inventions DRV
>>> Hudson Broadcast
6. Midi Loop Expander Box (2)
>>> Benson Preamp
>>> Fairfield Barbershop
7. Source Audio Nemesis
8. h9 (post)
9. Source Audio Ventris
10. Temple Audio Buffer

*I'll be switching to a PBC 6 & moving away from either the loop expanders or loopy2. But that's all function stuff. I'm super happy with sounds!

How are those pedals mounted to the board? Did you use the plates? Or Velcro/dual lock?

I’m in the process of trying to find a suitable board for my PBC 10 and 10+ pedals, many of them large pedals. This board might do it if I can get a few things out of the way underneath.

How are those pedals mounted to the board? Did you use the plates? Or Velcro/dual lock?

I’m in the process of trying to find a suitable board for my PBC 10 and 10+ pedals, many of them large pedals. This board might do it if I can get a few things out of the way underneath.

Hey there, I'm using dual lock & it's been holding up great!

Hey there, I'm using dual lock & it's been holding up great!
I ultimately didn’t go with the Templeboard. I decided on Rockboard Cinque 5.3 for my big board (with PBC), and a Quad 4.2 with a MusicomLAB EFX-LE (I wanted the PBC 6x, but I couldn’t justify the massive price difference with the deal I was getting for the EFX-LE).

I just didn’t like that the Templeboards have some flex to them.

Back