phantom power for Mastermind question

7slinger

hi, don't know which forum (gizmo or mastermind) this is more appropriate for, so I'll try here.

I have a mini amp gizmo that is phantom powering a mastermind. what I want to do is hardwire my mastermind midi cable to my pedalboard, hardwire the mini gizmo cable to a midi panel jack on my rack, and then have 1 midi cable to connect between the side of my pedal board and the front of my rack for gigs.

I've never done this, so my question is first off is this possible? I've looked around and 7 pin panel jacks are available...if wired correctly will they pass along the phantom power?

hope this question makes sense, and that somebody has good answers for me; I'd hate to buy all the stuff only to find out it never had a chance of working.

thanks,

Patrick

If you wire 7-pin connectors straight through, it'll pass phantom power, no problem.

thanks so much, that's great news

so to continue with the noob questions, if I'm wiring jack to jack, as long as pin1 is wired to pin1 and so on and so forth, everything should work correctly?

thanks again

edit: also, I've seen before where people have wired midi into XLR connectors, and are able to achieve locking jacks this way...possible or no with this setup? do I need to know what lead numbers are doing what? sorry kinda rambling it's early and not much sleep

Yes, pin 1 to pin 1, etc. As long as you keep consistent, it'll work. Same goes for XLR connectors - as long as you make sure that each pin on the Mastermind side ends up getting connected to the same pin on the Gizmo, you can use any kind of connector you'd like in between.

so, I wired up my board and rack with locking 7 pin xlr jacks and everything works great! makes for a very tidy setup. thanks for your help, and thanks for great products

Back