PHANTOM POWERING THE GT

You can relocate the jack to the front of the pedal or use one of these cable ends https://www.redco.com/Squareplug-SP400-Low-Profile-Flat-TS.html
DSCN7615.JPG Any more narrow and my feet wont fit it. Not trying to hijack or anything. The front jack was something I did myself. Took some standard trs jacks and a few moments solder. I was tempted to wire both alternate and regular to the front with a toggle, but just kept it simple. The pedal uses exactly 4.25" from side to side. I padded and velcro'd the sides of mine, but not neccessary. pedals and gt165 fit in a 49 key gator keyboard bag, with room for bi-midi cable (rjm brand cable rocks!). As for wiring the gt with power over midi, it shouldnt be too tough at all. Just be mindful of the wire's ability to carry current, try to make in a fashion that is idiot proof, and bank on whatever Ron says as being correct. I may be alone on this one, but I've found that I must power the gt16 on its own supply. When I try to power it with another piece of gear in the audio path, I get serious noise. Not a complaint, as Im sure the screens are putting off the fluctautions that are backfeeding any other devices. Ive never used the accessory power out on the gt, Im only commenting on what happens when I try to power the mmgt and any pedals with the same power brick. The gt16 and amp gizmo are NOT in the audio path, so I do combine the powers from those.

Last edited:
From the specifications, it will work fine - just make sure to use the thicker wires for pins 6 and 7. Also, make sure the cable's shield connects to pin 2 on both sides.

Back