Preset Labels for different parts of songs

It would be cool if we could assign the name of the preset in song mode to a label like (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Solo), instead of the actual preset name showing that was assigned to the part of the song.

So for instance the name of the song is: "Hello". That shows on top. The preset chosen for the solo of "Hello" is called "Tweed Lead" or something like that and it's shown under the name of the song. It might kinda be confusing seeing that and not knowing what part of the song it actually is, unless you get super accustomed to it I guess..

So what I was thinking is you could choose the preset and then assign it to the preset button in song mode accordingly and furthermore assign the preset chosen in song mode to a label like (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Prelude, Turnaround, Outro) so in Song mode, it shows like the following:

"Hello"​
"Solo - Tweed Lead"

So the user knows that the button pressed is for the solo part of the song, and the user knows what preset was used, in case editing to the preset needs to be done.

I already threw this idea out to the guys and they said it would be a good idea but the main challenge is finding the memory storage space to save more names as the memory on the PBC is getting pretty full.

Just posting to see if you guys have any other idea on how it could work, or improve on the idea.

I must say I find this a tad redundant. While performing, the only relevant information is what part of the song you're on, so I name the presets accordingly. For editing the presets, Firmware 2.0 (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong here) added the option of making notes that won't be displayed on the PBC in a presets name using the | symbol. That makes locating the presets and editing them a breeze.

Back