Preset offset not working correcty? Plus another tiny bug...

Glennski

Hi!

Using the GT with an AxeFx II

I can't seem to get the GT to display presets using 0 - 383, regardless of the 'Preset Offset' setting in the device setup. The '59 Bassguy preset is always displayed as '001:59 Bassguy'
I've tried a factory reset and also reloading the presets from the Axefx.
The workaround is to set the display offset on the axefx to 1, so both devices are running 1-384.

Also, while browsing the menus in setup I noticed a small, entirely non life threatening, not even annoying bug - When in edit devices, if you choose a manufacturer and then press the cancel soft button instead of selecting a device, the manufacturer list only populates with the amount of buttons that were selectable before pressing cancel.

But WOW! What an amazing product! I'm happy that I held of on getting an MFC101. Thanks so much for making this :)

Glenn

Re: Preset offset not working correcty? Plus another tiny bu

Hi Glenn,

There are two preset numbers involved here - one is the GT preset number and the other is the Axe-Fx preset number. In many cases the two numbers are the same, but that's not always the case, especially if you're playing from a setlist and want to reuse Axe-Fx presets in different songs. You might want GT preset #1, preset #2 and preset #12 to all call up Axe-Fx preset 3, for example.

The Axe-Fx's preset offset affects the way the Axe-Fx's preset numbers are displayed when on the Edit Preset screen. It should be set to 0 since the Axe-Fx's first preset is numbered 0.

In the normal performance mode, the preset number that's displayed is the GT's preset number, not the Axe's (it happens to be the case that they're the same in your system).

What we need is a global preset offset so that the first GT preset number can be set to either 0 or 1. It's on the to-do list now. :)

Thanks Ron for clearing that up :) Maybe I need to read the manual again before posting :oops:

I think the confusion has come from the first youtube video on the axefx ii, where the first preset in the GT is labelled at 000:59 Bassguy - maybe this was changed from an older firmware?
Good idea with the global preset offset :)

Cheers!

Glenn

Yes, I think I had presets starting at 0 originally, then changed it to 1 somewhere along the line. A user configurable option is the way to go.

A global preset offset option is now in the 1.1 beta firmware!

Back