Preset With Timeline Bypassed

mhuntt

Most of my presets use my Timeline in some way, shape, or form, but I have a couple for which I want the Timeline bypassed. I know I can do this by adding an Action to the preset which sends the bypass command (CC# 102, Value = 0), but then it predictably stays bypassed when I switch to a preset that is meant to include the Timeline. I suppose the fix there would be to send the engage command as an action on every single preset that uses it.

Is there a better way to put MIDI devices in bypass on a per-preset level or is that how it's usually done?

I always recommend adding an IA button that controls the bypass state of the pedal.Make sure Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned on. Then, using the Presets tab, you can program the button to automatically turn on or off for each preset and it will send an on or off message as appropriate. This is faster than adding an action to every preset, especially if you use a lot of presets. The button will always be in sync with the pedal's actual state, which is nice.

Make sure that Send CCs on Preset Change is turned on in the Devices tab for the Timeline device, otherwise this won't work.

I can't get my timeline to Bypass within a preset? In presets I've added a Preset Action to the preset namely; Timeline:bypass / CCToggle #102 on:0 but it still wont bypass when selecting the preset :(

I have managed to set up an overall bypass button for the timeline and the bigsky on an external switch so I know it works generally...

Any help would be appreciated :)

On Strymon pedals, sending CC 102, value 0 turns on the pedal. That is, you're turning "bypass" off, so the pedal is activating. Send value 127 to bypass the pedal.

On Strymon pedals, sending CC 102, value 0 turns on the pedal. That is, you're turning "bypass" off, so the pedal is activating. Send value 127 to bypass the pedal.
I tried that too but still doesn't want to bypass. See attached have I done something incorrectly? Thanks so much for y0our help!!

Attachments

• 127.PNG
    127.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 7
If you want to do bypassing using preset actions, make sure that none of the buttons that control the Timeline bypass have Send on Preset Change turned on OFF. That will prevent them from interfering.

(edited to correct a glaring error)

Last edited:
The process I described in my first message above is the way I recommend doing it.

I just saw an error in my previous message - if you're trying to use preset actions to control the pedal's bypass, any buttons that also control that pedal's bypass should have Send on Preset Change turned OFF. If you are using my recommended method, there should be no preset actions, and Send on Preset Change should be turned ON.

These videos explain a lot about the Mastermind. Episode 8 specifically talks about Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change.

The process I described in my first message above is the way I recommend doing it.

I just saw an error in my previous message - if you're trying to use preset actions to control the pedal's bypass, any buttons that also control that pedal's bypass should have Send on Preset Change turned OFF. If you are using my recommended method, there should be no preset actions, and Send on Preset Change should be turned ON.

These videos explain a lot about the Mastermind. Episode 8 specifically talks about Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change.
I finally worked out why it didn’t work, I had programmed a pure ‘bypass’ button on a seperate page with all my other Strymon controller buttons ie looper control etc. Once deleted, it worked fine.

Back