Presets via GT

Andy Power

I can change the Axe III presets from the GT16 but cand change the GT16 from the Axe III (using the value wheel)

I also have to press my scene buttons twice to activate the scene? The only way I can stop this from happening is to have the ‘remote control’ selected for every scene button - is this something that now needs to be done as I don’t recall ever having this selected before..

If I press my preset minus button when on preset 000 the Axe goes to 700 then immediately to preset 512, if I press the preset plus button it then goes to 385 - sorted this problem out the Poll state needs to be unchecked as it causes all sorts of problems if left selected.,

Last edited:
iv had the poll state on and it screws everything up with the scenes on the AXE III as soon as its of the scenes work... with poll state if i press the scene button one too many it jumps to 758 then to 512 and then i have to page up one scene at a time to get back to scene 1.
Pole state has to be of to prevent this.

Hi, yes - iv just popped out for some air as I have been battling with this for nearly 9 hours.... will post it as soon is I get back, thanks...
Ok cool I have some free time today I'll take a look at the File..

Something is very wrong in the settings, or in your MIDI cabling. It seems like there's a feedback loop. Without seeing your settings, the first thing I'd recommend checking is make sure that MIDI Receive Channel is set to None on the GT. Also, make sure you're connected to the MIDI Output of the Axe-Fx III and not the MIDI Thru. Make sure MIDI Mapping is turned off in the Axe-Fx too.

There isnt a MIDI mapping in the AXE III, do you mean PC Mapping (which is off anyway).
The MIDI receive was set to 1 iv now put it to None...

The big problem is if im on preset 0 and accidentally press the preset down button - it goes tp preset 511. if I then hit the preset up key it goes to 384 then im stuffed as the pedal has to go through each setting one by one to get to 0 again (takes way too long to chance using it live).. it never did this before... but I’m really unsure as to why, though I think it is definitely something to do with the poll state.
I’m on the latest firmware.

Last edited:
Change The Button Mode on Preset + To Normal you have it set to Hold
View attachment 1650
Didn’t notice that, put it to ‘normal’ doesn’t make any difference to getting out of the presets though ☹️ the only thing that stop it from burying itself in the middle of the settings is to uncheck the poll state...but then I can’t change the settings from the Axe III. So if I wanted preset 50 I now have to page up using the GT16 one preset at a time ...
I even tried altering the no of presets...I put it to 4 and it made no difference whatsoever...does that particular setting actually work?

Ok lets Start from scratch..
1-Your Midi Cables are Connected Correctly ? MIDI Out Of MMGT16 to MIDI In Of Axe FX and MIDI Out Of Axe FX To MIDI In Of MMGT16?
2-Write down or save all Your settings on the Axe FX and MMGT16.
3-Set Your Settings on your Axe FX to Match Mine
4-Set Your Settings on your MMGT16 To match Mine in the Pictures Below..
5-If this doesn't work you might have a bad MIDI Cable

Last edited:
Back