Prevent 'Preset -' IA from continuing through/below Preset 0

AdrianG

Hi peeps!

I am using an IA for 'Preset +' and an IA for 'Preset -'. The trouble I have had is, when playing live and I'm on Preset 2 (for example), wanting to go down to Preset 1, I accidentally press 'Preset -' too many times and this sticks my Axe-FX3 into preset 384 (or thereabouts) and causes my GT22 to go out of sync with my Axe-FX. When this happens, if I try to use the AxeFX interface to go back to preset 1 then the RJM doesn't reflect it anymore (it shows the wrong preset number).

So ideally, I want to try and stop 'Preset -' from going past 0 (or 1 - I can't remember which way around it is) to prevent me being an idiot on stage. Is this possible please?

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Unfortunately, there currently isn't a way to get it to stop at 0. One thing that might help is, on the Devices tab, set "# of presets" to the highest numbered preset you're using on the Axe-Fx. That way, it will wrap around to a valid preset number, and hopefully shouldn't get out of sync. I'll also try to figure out why it's getting out of sync like that, it shouldn't do that...

Thanks Ron! Please accept my apologies for not replying, I had the flu and have been stuck in bed for nearly a whole week.

I'll use your advice and set the "# of presets" for when I play live to help me if I put myself in the same situation again.

If you are going to look into this, then what I have noticed is, if I start on Preset 1 (both Axe and GT), then hit 'Preset -' the GT says it is on 768, and the Axe3 goes to 512. When I continue to press 'Preset -' the Axe3 descends as well (i.e. 511, 510 etc). However when I try to correct it on the GT by pressing 'Preset +', then the Axe3 returns to 512, then goes to 385 (now they both appear to be back in sync).

So from my first post in this thread, I think I was not cycling the GT back up past 512 again to get both units back in sync. This is more down to user error and I shouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Back